Dethleffs caravans - are experiences?

Sep 29, 2007
Visit site
We quite liked the Dethleffs vans at the NEC last month. But they don't appear in the Caravan Club's reliability/leakage survey, possibly for lack of owners' responses.

Has anyone any personal experience of these vans?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bryn,

No need to worry at all about Dethleffs. We bought a DL540 at Earls Court 2005 and have been very pleased with it. Yes, we had acouple of small faults with it at first but nothing like some of the horror stories you read about on this forum.

Only problem is lack of dealers, we have to travel 200miles to get annual service done to comply with warranty terms when we have a very good workshop only two miles away!.

In all they are pretty well built, very comfortable and with the BPW chassis tow very well indeed.

Graham F

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bryn,

No need to worry at all about Dethleffs. We bought a DL540 at Earls Court 2005 and have been very pleased with it. Yes, we had acouple of small faults with it at first but nothing like some of the horror stories you read about on this forum.

Only problem is lack of dealers, we have to travel 200miles to get annual service done to comply with warranty terms when we have a very good workshop only two miles away!.

In all they are pretty well built, very comfortable and with the BPW chassis tow very well indeed.

Graham F
If Dethleffs are members of NCC then they should accept service work done by a NCC Approved Workshop as maintaining the warranty (although actual work under warranty may need ret;urn to supplying dealer.

If they are not it is worth talking to them and explaining your situation. Burstner are not NCC members but will accept NCC approved workshop service as maintaing the warranty

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I have a Dethleffs DL520 and it is the best van we have ever had. We have had it for three and a half years with no issues and are currently contemplating what to get next as we are due to change it. It will probably be another one exactly the same. As for servicing, this was a concern to us when we purchased it. However, Dethleffs UK will accept services carried out be any NCC approved workshop.

Hope this helps, if you require more help or advice leave a message on the forum with contact details.

Russell.

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
We too have a Dethleff 520DL and are extremely happy with it. We have 3 boys from 9 to 14 and it has withstood MUCH use. We use it all year round for all our holidays and when we take it around the country Karting. We have not encountered any problems and find the build quality second to none. It tows extremely well and we would highly recommend it to anyone. The only reason we may look to change it is because our lanky nearly 6 foot son finds the bunk too short. But what can follow this great Van?

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
you won't have a problem with a Dethleffs,I have worked with them for several years and never seen a leaky one, I highly rate the Dethleffs and Burstner caravans.

Simon

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
you won't have a problem with a Dethleffs,I have worked with them for several years and never seen a leaky one, I highly rate the Dethleffs and Burstner caravans.

Simon
Hi Simon, I have a dethleffs 530 and it has a leak! where do you work? It's only 1 year old

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts