Devon Cliffs, Haven Site

Nov 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lee. Devon Cliffs is a fantastic site for kids, (cost you a fortune though on all the "pay for extra" things), but, they do have a tendancy to treat the campers like 2nd class citizens. They have little or no interest in any problems you may have, the pitches are crammed together, and the showers are not the most appealing.

If you are looking for a beach close by, swimming pool, entertainment etc, why dont you try Ruda(Croyde Burrows is the camping bit opp the main park) in North Devon instead.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lee,

I agree with what Claire has said. Excellent entertainment facilities and pools, but the touring field is horrible.

We had a premier pitch when we were there last year. It was right against the rear boundary of the field. Nice to have no-one behind you, but no view to the front whatsoever, due to everyone being so tightly packed in. Pitch very bare, well used and tired looking.

Two toilet blocks, both stinkin' !. Very small shower cubicles, with dirty walls. Toilets and sinks also didn't look as if they were cleaned for days, smelly and very dirty.

The touring field is also quite a trek from the main entertainment and playarea, which we found a bit of a hassle with two young kids. It's also a steep hill to climb all the way back to the van.

I can't recommend it to you mate, unless you always use your own facilities in your van and don't mind being crammed in.

It did teach me to always read reviews of any park we're looking to visit first, before booking. We use UKCampsite website all the time now, it has loads of reviews.

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lee,

I agree with what Claire has said. Excellent entertainment facilities and pools, but the touring field is horrible.

We had a premier pitch when we were there last year. It was right against the rear boundary of the field. Nice to have no-one behind you, but no view to the front whatsoever, due to everyone being so tightly packed in. Pitch very bare, well used and tired looking.

Two toilet blocks, both stinkin' !. Very small shower cubicles, with dirty walls. Toilets and sinks also didn't look as if they were cleaned for days, smelly and very dirty.

The touring field is also quite a trek from the main entertainment and playarea, which we found a bit of a hassle with two young kids. It's also a steep hill to climb all the way back to the van.

I can't recommend it to you mate, unless you always use your own facilities in your van and don't mind being crammed in.

It did teach me to always read reviews of any park we're looking to visit first, before booking. We use UKCampsite website all the time now, it has loads of reviews.
The touring field has been moved now and is directly next to the swimming pool. There are only 45 pitches now and they are all premier pitches. We were there in July and had a few problems with the rain and lack of surface drains which is supposed to be being re-done during the closed season. Toilet facilities are all new and very clean. All I can say is the kids love it!!!!

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
The touring field has been moved now and is directly next to the swimming pool. There are only 45 pitches now and they are all premier pitches. We were there in July and had a few problems with the rain and lack of surface drains which is supposed to be being re-done during the closed season. Toilet facilities are all new and very clean. All I can say is the kids love it!!!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Patey,

That sounds much better. They must have had to do away with some of the statics to get the tourers closer to the swimming pool and they've obviously spent a few bucks on new toilet / shower blocks, so it seems they are starting to look after us a bit better.

I'll certainly be checking the reviews from now on. With those improvements and the exisiting excellent entertainment facilities, I'd consider going back.

Cheers for the info.

Alex.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Patey,

That sounds much better. They must have had to do away with some of the statics to get the tourers closer to the swimming pool and they've obviously spent a few bucks on new toilet / shower blocks, so it seems they are starting to look after us a bit better.

I'll certainly be checking the reviews from now on. With those improvements and the exisiting excellent entertainment facilities, I'd consider going back.

Cheers for the info.

Alex.
Just had a quick look at the reviews on UK Camp Site. Only one recent review but gets a glowing report. Glad this thread was started now.

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
The statics have gone from behind the club to create the new touring area,the old touring field is new full of statics,its a shame they didnt improve that area for tourers, so you still had a good sea view!!!!!!!!!!! It would have been better to have gone behind the old touring site but apparently they couldnt get planning permission for that, they have been trying for the last 5 years at least. I was told that its going to be a golf course. The new area isnt perfect aparently its going to be dug up and redone in the winter to make all the pitches level and hopefully better drainage put in the water was running off the road into awnings because of no surface drains between road and grass?? Bad design if you ask me, but when you ask touring manager about it he comes up with so unreal excuses!!!!!!!!! the wife says if i agree to take her and kids next year she will take me to tenerife on our own!!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal mate, you aint got nothing to lose.

You'll be down The Veronicas complex, glow sticks and Aftershock in hand. LOL!

Thanks for all the info. Told the missus, but think she was traumatised from our last visit. Don't think I'll be able to persuade her to go back.

Ach well, hundreds of other sites to try.

Cheers,

Alex.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts