Devon Sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking for some recommendations for good sites in Devon. Would prefer overlooking / close to the beach, which is teenager and dog friendly, preferably with good walks close by. Not commercial sites like Haven. Any good suggestions. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We can highly recommend Stowford Farm Meadows,lots of special offers and voted best park in Practical caravan.The walks from off site are brilliant.It is sited between Combe Martin and Ilfracombe.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi these to sites are great for famliys and have nice views and not rowdy

www.galmptontouringpark.co.uk is in a great location and as lovley views looking over the river dart

www.byslades.co.uk is a great famliy site and not ar from paignton beach and near to paignton zoo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Widend Caravan Site at Paignton. Very clean site with outdoor swimming pool, shop, small friendly clubhouse and children's games room. Site amenities are very clean - spotless new shower block recently opened. Doog walk available on site - large field and country walk - you go as far as you wish with the dog. Approx. 10 mins. to Paignton town and beach and equal to Torquay. Brochure does not do site justice. My wife and I cannot fault the site or the family owners.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with Colin saying the brochure doesn't do it justice, my 13 and 7 year old girls adore this site and, although we only go for 1-2wks a year, have made some firm friends that they arrange to meet when we're due down there. The site was even on Sky TV! Lovely heated outdoor pool (it's like getting in the bath!). Small but very friendly family bar (kids have their own end of the bar to get sweets etc)and smiling face ALWAYS greets you. Games room etc and they do seasonal pitches very reasonably priced. When we're planning a trip down to Devon, the kids rule and we end up at Widend!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
can reccommend leadstone campsite. dawlish

very clean, friendly, helpful

5 min walk to red rock dawlish
Putsborough Sands is the site for you a small site of just 20 caravans right on top of the beach which is sandy for three miles right up to Woolcombe Its expensive and it is nearly all ways full with its regulars but you might be in luck

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
i too recomend stowford farm sadly i couldnt see the sea but another excellent park in that area is twitchen holiday park near woolacombe. its part of the woolacombe bay holidays company, my family and i have spent many happy times there and its very relaxed. try it you will love it

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Bolberry house farm caravan park Hope Cove near Salcombe.

The friendliest family run site I have ever experienced.

Not one of your all singing, dancing sites but the facilities are adequate and the location is great.

You are guaranteed a warm welcome from the site owners.

Haydn

BML

Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
Bolberry house farm caravan park Hope Cove near Salcombe.

The friendliest family run site I have ever experienced.

Not one of your all singing, dancing sites but the facilities are adequate and the location is great.

You are guaranteed a warm welcome from the site owners.

Haydn
I recently published "Sea View Camping and Caravan Sites in Britain" a 400 page guide to caravan sites with a view of the sea. There are 30 sites with a view of the sea, some of them very close to the beach. I'm not sure if I am allowed to advertise on this forum so I will wait and see what the moderators say. If its O.K. I will post a contact number.

Brian L

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts