dick turpin or the tax man

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
i have just had my new tax code its minus £3000 for having a van with what they class as private usage (last year there was a deduction of £550). its a litle van that i use for work as i am based from home with all the kit i have to carry theres just room for me and me buttie box so why would i want to use for anything other than work.

will it tow me caravan NO

will it fit the kids and she who must be in NO

so why would i want to use the bloody thing for any thing other than work.

feed up with the whole thing at least dick turpin wore a mask

when he was on the rob.

still it will help pay for a bit towards the poor under paid MPs fit new kitchens in there second homes and shop a john lewis are bless the thiving b******s

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
They dock you because you use it to go to work in, therefor, it is payment in kind.

If you offer to pay for the juice to and from work your employer could take you off the system maybe? Ask.

The teams at our place are not on the systems for driving the works transits home, as they have long distance to travel on some jobs.

But have you thought of this !!! put in a claim against your taxes for storing it and charge your employer in kind!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The employees at the company where I do the bookeeping just sent a letter to the tav office stating that the van is only used for work purposes and not for private mileage, and that was sufficient the company did not have to do anything and the tax code was amended to the normal code.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
i read that from next year HMR&C can turn up at your house without notice and force entry if you are self employed or complete self assessment form they are getting like the gestapo.Incidentally the VAT people lose this 'Privilige'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts