Diesel Tuning Box

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
well i fitted the box on sunday got to the outside of my village and an engine malfuntion warning came up and promptly broke down i took the chip out and still the car wouldnt start, i had to dissconnect the battery (after borrowing pliers from a helpfull person)and recconect to get it started, so when i eventually got home and after the wife for thr 10th time asked why i needed it chipped anyway, i called Chip Express where i bought it, they posted another one out which i recieved today which felt a bit heavier and looked a bit different,but anyway i fitted it and took of up the high street and wow what a difference, no lag when accelarating, take off in second was an ease and sits in 6th longer on the motorway, i will have to see long term , but this is how the car should have felt when it came out the showroom, i cant wait to tow with it now.

Regards Rab

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Not entirely true re-parkers guide.Turbo boost pressure is not a sole product of exhaust gases.The amount of boost pressure is proportional to the amount of "charge" i.e fuel in the cylinder.I.e more fuel,more exhaust gas,more boost.But this then involves other factors i.e on electronic engines boost sensor(MAP).On non electronic engines AFC control(air fuel control).

In 20 years as a diesel engineer,and still presently the same, except even more of a mug now.Ive not seen a turbo sieze directly as a result of heat.Yes perhaps manifolds crack,exhaust compressor housings crack but these units are on max rpm all day,every day.

At this present moment with large Diesels anyway there is no proof that EGR is a damaging factor,no matter what is written,although most EGR fitted power units come fitted with watercooled EGR heat-exchangers.What is proven though is the main reason for piston crown damage,injector trouble, or even direct holes in the combustion chambre is down to contaminated fuel/injector clamp torque not adered to.(nozzle then cocks over)It actually takes 0.2 of a micron of debris to keep a bosch piezo common rail injector nozzle open.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts