dirty caravans at dealers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been to dealers looking for a newer caravan. Broad lane leisure at Kenilworth is not one we would visit again. The caravans were dirty and smelly. Do they not employ a cleaner to make these caravans look and smell nice. One even had a dirty toilet. The ones they had in had quite a lot of damage on the outside. They had not bothered to put the legs down. (We have seen one tip up at a dealers with people in it in the past) Dealers are making too much profit. They are not giving much in part exchange. No wonder they advertise they welcome part exchanges.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sandra, is it not also the fault of the previous owner for trading in a filthy van? What is the mindset behind a person who leaves a toilet dirty when trading in?

Personally I think its a good indicator of how the van was used/abused by the owner and would walk away from it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian, 7 years or so ago I traded in a van to Michael Jordans in Surrey. It was immaculate and both my wife and myself were very proud of it.

A week after the change over I had to go back to collect something and looked in my old van. It nearly made me cry - 7 years of care had been undone in a week. Please don't blame the previous owners - in the majority of instances it is the open door policy of the dealers. Contrast that with Viscount caravans Southampton where I bought the van new originally. All the vans are locked and only accompanied viewing is allowed. They had a policy of only accepting a trade in and giving a trade in price after inspection by the owners wife.

Dealers have stock that they pick up at auctions. They give it a cursory clean but only prepare the van, including operation of the appliances after its been sold, sometimes depending on the customer to point out the shortcomings and rectifications they require prior to delivery.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray, I unerstand what you are saying, and by no means wish to tar everyone with the same brush.

Dealers are responsible for the state of the vans in their care, and, if they want a sale then shoild do more to attract buyers, which means doing some work!!!

Car sales are exactly the same, bought at auction placed on forecourt and only got ready when a sale is done, and ONLY picking up on repairs pointed out by the buyer.

My daughter recently bought a car, looked in good condition, brand new MOT etc etc, BUT,the exhaust was blowing!!!How did it pass the MOT?, needless to say, after a phone call, a new exhaust was fitted, albeit reluctantly, by the dealer.

Jun 27, 2006
Visit site
I know what you mean, not just at that dealer but lots of dealers. They just don't know how to treat customers.

I also agree some of the vans are not presented very well, at least a clean and a hoover out !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts