Disability caravan entrance

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
My wife has developed a disability and cannot climb stair so getting in and out of caravan has become almost impossible.
Does any one have any ideas on ramps/lifts that don't cost the earth.

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
Very good for level hard standing, not so good for a wet field, I would be afraid of it sinking on one side to be honest.

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Very good for level hard standing, not so good for a wet field, I would be afraid of it sinking on one side to be honest.
Fully agree. If using on anything other than hard standings I'd be looking at placing a largish piece of board under it to provide a firmer base.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Possibly the best bet is trying classified ads to see if you can get a second hand one, also check the suppliers who might have some.

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
Judging by the posts is Ray living in Australia, so perhaps seeking general advice rather than specific UK suppliers?
Correct, i do live in Australia and bought the Bailey Pageant. Very different from Aus caravans but we love it. So just looking for general ideas, A ramp seems to be the cheapest but would need to be about 10 -12ft long so it is not to much of a slope. I was just wondering if anyone on here as a disability or spouse with disability and can give some ideas.
All ideas are very welcome that's how you solve a problem
Thanks
Ray

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Correct, i do live in Australia and bought the Bailey Pageant. Very different from Aus caravans but we love it. So just looking for general ideas, A ramp seems to be the cheapest but would need to be about 10 -12ft long so it is not to much of a slope. I was just wondering if anyone on here as a disability or spouse with disability and can give some ideas.
All ideas are very welcome that's how you solve a problem
Thanks
Ray
Hi Ray i have sent you a message has that help

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
Bit the bullet and got a "Motorstep" demo model from importer. Cost UA$4700 $1000 off new price, but was my only option really works great in the driveway but will see on or next trip. Mainly prks with concrete slaps so should be OK
Thanks for your replies
Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts