Discoloured beading around awning rail any ideas if possible to clean

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
We recently bought a 2012 swift Challenger Sport 4 42. In general this is is in great condition,

There are however, some pink stains on the beading against the awning rail, see attached pictures. The staining is particularly on one side of the caravan. I have tried silky with no success.
Its not a huge issue, but any thoughts how to get rid of the staining would be appreciated.

The GRP front of the caravan is also rather dull. I have ordered some Meguiar's Marine RV 45 High Gloss Boat Polish, which claims to be particularly good for producing a gloss on GRP gel coats. I will then wax with Collinite 845. What do you use to keep a gloss finish on the GRP front?

Thanks
SteveDSC_0928.jpgDSC_0932.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We recently bought a 2012 swift Challenger Sport 4 42. In general this is is in great condition,

There are however, some pink stains on the beading against the awning rail, see attached pictures. The staining is particularly on one side of the caravan. I have tried silky with no success.
Its not a huge issue, but any thoughts how to get rid of the staining would be appreciated.

The GRP front of the caravan is also rather dull. I have ordered some Meguiar's Marine RV 45 High Gloss Boat Polish, which claims to be particularly good for producing a gloss on GRP gel coats. I will then wax with Collinite 845. What do you use to keep a gloss finish on the GRP front?

Thanks
SteveView attachment 549View attachment 550

I’ve used Autoglym on the front grp. But the gel coat is thinner than on a boat so nothing too abrasive. With a coat if their resin coating afterwards it comes up better, but still falls short of a fine gloss shine.

Reactions: Smallholder
Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
The Meguiar's Marine RV 45 looks to have mild abrasive properties as it will remove light oxidation. Hopefully the coating with the Collinite should mean I won't have to apply polish for some time. So hopefully the gel coat will last!polished caravan.jpg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts