Discomfort

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Arrived on a CL while owner was mowing the lawn. Told us of choice of two pitches, but not allowed to put awning on grass. No problem we thought and started setting up on pitch. Only just finished levelling caravan etc and start unloading car and owner came and sat nearby on a bench watching us unloading car.
Eventually wife went over and the owner gave her a big book of pamphlets However he kept on talking and wouldn't go away and let us get on with unpacking. I then twigged and told wife to give him the payment for the CL. Once he got the money he was gone. He did the same for the other two arrivals yet in the pamphlet about the CL it states that we should get settled in and have a cup of tea first as there is no rush? Some people are strange! :ROFLMAO:
Nice quiet CL although pegging down the awning was nearly impossible due to the hard standing. Could only get 7 pegs in to hold the porch awning so we prayed for no wind. The village was very nice and local butcher selling fillet steak for £29 a kg so had to buy some. In same shop there was also a bakery for fresh bread, cakes etc. We found a great pub hidden away and all the locals there were greeting us and saying hello. Not sure if it was because we were strangers or whether it was because I was wearing a South African Springbok rugby jersey. LOL! Unfortunately in the 5 days we were there only one decent day on Friday with no rain so we headed off to Iron Bridge. Sadly we eventually decided to leave a day early and came back yesterday only to be diverted off M6 via A449 through Wolverhampton back onto M5 junction 2. What hassle so to do 86 miles took us nearly 3 hours, but we we enjoyed the short break.

diIronbridge.jpg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Arrived on a CL while owner was mowing the lawn. Told us of choice of two pitches, but not allowed to put awning on grass. No problem we thought and started setting up on pitch. Only just finished levelling caravan etc and start unloading car and owner came and sat nearby on a bench watching us unloading car.
Eventually wife went over and the owner gave her a big book of pamphlets However he kept on talking and wouldn't go away and let us get on with unpacking. I then twigged and told wife to give him the payment for the CL. Once he got the money he was gone. He did the same for the other two arrivals yet in the pamphlet about the CL it states that we should get settled in and have a cup of tea first as there is no rush? Some people are strange! :ROFLMAO:
Nice quiet CL although pegging down the awning was nearly impossible due to the hard standing. Could only get 7 pegs in to hold the porch awning so we prayed for no wind. The village was very nice and local butcher selling fillet steak for £29 a kg so had to buy some. In same shop there was also a bakery for fresh bread, cakes etc. We found a great pub hidden away and all the locals there were greeting us and saying hello. Not sure if it was because we were strangers or whether it was because I was wearing a South African Springbok rugby jersey. LOL! Unfortunately in the 5 days we were there only one decent day on Friday with no rain so we headed off to Iron Bridge. Sadly we eventually decided to leave a day early and came back yesterday only to be diverted off M6 via A449 through Wolverhampton back onto M5 junction 2. What hassle so to do 86 miles took us nearly 3 hours, but we we enjoyed the short break.

diView attachment 2146
Looks nice

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Never really had an odd character when, on the few occasions, we have used CL's. But I do recall one down in Wales, lovely olf gent and his Doris, but had a divorced daughter who was a right pain. Every morning she would walk her dog off lead in the field where the caravans were, and couldnt see anything wrong in her dog piddling up the side of the awnings. I watched it do 4 awnings (marking I presume), and then headed for ours.

She thought I was out of order when I told her to keep it off my awning. :mad:

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Never really had an odd character when, on the few occasions, we have used CL's. But I do recall one down in Wales, lovely olf gent and his Doris, but had a divorced daughter who was a right pain. Every morning she would walk her dog off lead in the field where the caravans were, and couldnt see anything wrong in her dog piddling up the side of the awnings. I watched it do 4 awnings (marking I presume), and then headed for ours.

She thought I was out of order when I told her to keep it off my awning. :mad:
In our case the owner had two large dogs that were off lead each time he came up, but they never caused any issues. We have been on a CL where the owner's dog has tried to attack our dogs.
On another CL the owner's dog jumped up against the driver's door being over friendly, but resulted in scratches on the door. In all cases there were notices around to keep on dogs on leads?
Luckily the above seldom happens.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes we had the sameCL site, working farm , dogs have to be on leads.pick up waste, Owners dogs roaming around. FREE, Our two dogs on leads barking at the owners dogs,
Site owner mentioned about our dogs. Dispute. Put it onto C& cmc Website.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The only problem that I've ever had with a certified site owner was when one who we used every year, and who I'd brought two other friends in their caravans to, decided to put his pitch prices well above the price shown in the C&CC magazine.
It was because we used to meet up there every August the week before a bank holiday music festival that we go to every year.
He decided to try to cash in on us meeting every year but he chose the wrong victims.
Naturally, we declined to pay the extra, and we moved to a different pre-festival venue from then on.
Our new venue is an extra five minutes tow away from the festival site, but it's less expensive.
The pitches all have a drinking water tap, grey water drainage and an ehu bollard but there's no toilet / shower block.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The only problem that I've ever had with a certified site owner was when one who we used every year, and who I'd brought two other friends in their caravans to, decided to put his pitch prices well above the price shown in the C&CC magazine.
It was because we used to meet up there every August the week before a bank holiday music festival that we go to every year.
He decided to try to cash in on us meeting every year but he chose the wrong victims.
Naturally, we declined to pay the extra, and we moved to a different pre-festival venue from then on.
Our new venue is an extra five minutes tow away from the festival site, but it's less expensive.
The pitches all have a drinking water tap, grey water drainage and an ehu bollard but there's no toilet / shower block.
But who washes and goes to a music festival.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
But who washes and goes to a music festival.
How very dare you! 😁
As you probably know because you only live up the road Hutch,
Twinwood is a very civilised, well dressed and well presented music festival.
It's Glasto for OAPs.

I bet you even get the best front seats.
We usually do as it happens Hutch.
It's because we've been going for years so we know the form. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Another thing we noticed was that the CL was advertised as having fully serviced pitches. However the bollard with EHU and water was in between pitches. If the bollard was on your offside no issue but if it was on the nearside big issues.
Luckily we had an extension hose for the water, but even with that we had to run it under the caravan to connected up the water. We could not reach the drain so waste water was run into the bushes.
We have come across this on proper caravan sites, but this is the first time on a CL. Surely they must realise that one of the two caravans sharing would struggle to connect up? Only one other unit was connected up as the bollard was on their offside.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts