Do dogs have to be muzzled at Calais Ferryport

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As others have recognised the Dunkirk ferries are much more expensive than the Calais route, so we have booked the latter. Since the Pet Passport came in we have never used the Dover-Calais route with the dogs so aren't familiar with the return routines. In Dunkirk the ferry agent just passed the microchip reader to me and I scanned each dog in turn in the car. The agent then just confirmed the scan readings with the passport details and checked that the medications had been administered in the right time period. A very quick and relaxed approach.

Whats is it like at Calais and someone told me the muzzles were required which implies the dogs are taken out of the car.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Can only comment on the channel tunnel terminal (may be of interest to others) no problems there, we took the dog to very modern pet reception, given the scanner to scan the dog, then the passport was checked, given a sticker for the car window then off, less than 10mins, then on to passport control. There is also a good dog walk area as well.

35779071825_1dca685faf_c.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Tukums said:
Can only comment on the channel tunnel terminal (may be of interest to others) no problems there, we took the dog to very modern pet reception, given the scanner to scan the dog, then the passport was checked, given a sticker for the car window then off, less than 10mins, then on to passport control. There is also a good dog walk area as well.

35779071825_1dca685faf_c.jpg

Thanks, the Eurotunnel website is very clear on the procedures and includes good photos too. We are on the ferry Calais to Dover.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have never had to muzzle our dogs at either Calais or Dunkirk, we are given the scanner , check for the chip give it back. Get in the line to get on and take the dogs for a walk about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts