Does any one know if I can use my very small caravan on my drive as a nail salon buisness

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site
I already have permission to run a buisness from home doing nails. I bought a small caravan today to do this from. Contacted my council to make sure and she said could pose as a fire hazard if plugged into the house to use the electrics and also there may be an issue with the business running from the front of the property. Any advice would be great. She's got to run it past her line manager and will contact me ASAP. So stressed about it. My driveway is so long I can get 2 cars on my drive along with the caravan doesn't obstruct anything neighbours wouldn't mind.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot see the fire hazard one being a problem, although you may have to have the electrics checked and certified by an electrician, as you would with any business. Provided you have this then that should satisfy the council.
I do see the point about the caravan being in front of the house though and wonder if you can get it alongside instead, where it should not be a problem. Do check though that there are no restrictions either on the use for business or parking caravans there. This is probably only relevant to newer houses though.
I accept your neighbours may be happy with the caravan there but do be aware that if any sell their houses the next occupier may not agree although if the operation is legal then there is unlikely to be anything they can do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts