Does anyone go away for New Year Celebrations?

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone goes away for new year? We are new at caravanning and wanted to get away from the same old routine of spending an absolute fortune on getting legless and paying to get into your local pub!

Kay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went for the first time last year, to a rally with another forum. It was fantastic, so much so, we're going again this year. It was so nice, to be all snug in the van, but still be able to go out and enjoy yourselves with the kids/ralliers and be able to walk home from the night out. It cost half the price of going out at home and was much more relaxed.

Go on - give it a try.

Two years ago we spent Christmas at Chatsworth (which was lovely) and it became very apparent that the New Year party there was something everybody was looking forward to. Unfortunately we hadn't booked through to New Year, so were disappointed to have to leave before the festivities began.

This year we are taking the caravan to Clumber Park for New Year and being joined by friends in their van. It's really nice to shake off the regular festive routine and do your own thing.......but all non-caravanning friends and family will think you're completely bonkers.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kay,

you should learn to play the bagpipes. I'm playing at a ceilidh in a pub/restaurant just down the road from my house. Free drink good crack and 300 quid in my sporran for my troubles.

Off then to some friends of ours for a party that usually ends sometime on the 2nd of January.

Go away for New Year????? Are you mad!

Gavin.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
We are off to Sandy Balls for New Year yet again. We originally went as a one off for the millenium and have been back every New Year since-as well as other times of the year. Gets booked up very early, so have just booked up for next one ie 2007 into 2008 already! No charge for the entertainment once you are there and a well stocked bar (including local real ales!!)

If you cant get a touring pitch or fancy something different, they also have some nice statics and lodges.

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kay,

you should learn to play the bagpipes. I'm playing at a ceilidh in a pub/restaurant just down the road from my house. Free drink good crack and 300 quid in my sporran for my troubles.

Off then to some friends of ours for a party that usually ends sometime on the 2nd of January.

Go away for New Year????? Are you mad!

Gavin.
Hi Gavin, interesting theory on new years eve. I am learning the pipes at the mo, although just at the chanter and scales point.A family friend is a pipe major and starts around 10 pm on NYE and is on the go till 2 am the next day. Any tips to help me on my way ??

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts