Dog charges

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
This is our second break this year, first one staying at a Caravan club site and the second a privately owned site which we visited twice last year. I am writing this to let off steam regarding this sites new charges for dogs. £2 per dog per night!!!! Yet the pitch charge is for up to 4 people per night. No discount for the fact that there is only 2 of us. What annoys me is why charge at all, all that is provided for the dogs are waste bins, there are dog walks but these are also people walks. Perhaps we will have to concentrate on staying at CC sites were there is no charge and better facilities

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
We have just returned from a site that charge £1 a night and in there faver they suppled bins on the gate with poop bags, the grass was cut and no mess as the wordan inspected them every morning and evening with his dog.
They had two area's for dogs that have to be maintaned, they could have got another 100 vans sited on them.
I would gladly pay this amount for the dog but £4 extra for the wife, when is it going to end.
No telling Pat...

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wilbar

Welcome to the forum.

This subject has been covered over and over again, year after year. Some people are happy to pay extra for dogs, some aren't but do and some vote with their feet.

Lisa

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Dustydog just been reading the many posting on this topic, i had searched to see if there was anything already posted, obviously my search wasnt a good one seeing the many pages on the thread you posted. We have 2 small dogs so if not careful could end up spending a fortune on holidays this year. We have learnt an expensive lesson this week and will be more careful when booking our next holiday

TRENDING THREADS