Dog cr*p everywhere

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just had a nice week in Devon at a cracking,very clean CL. However when out in places such as Dartmouth, ( a lovely town), and Brixham etc., I have never seen so much deposited dog sh*t in my life. I am not a dog hater, I quite like some of them, but I do not love them enough to spend my life looking out for their deposits. I know what's coming now.... it's the owners fault. And what about the dog keeping cretin's that actually go to the trouble of picking up the t*rds in a plasic bag, and then leaving it in a hedge, or on a different part of the verge. If you have a dog, and allow it to cr*p everywhere, then this is 100% aimed at you and I would ask you to take the stuff home with you - not to my home on the soles of my shoes.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely correct!! When you next walk down the pet food aisle at Tesco etc., and see all those dog food products, think of it as being at the start of it's journey, through the dog, and onto some poor sod's shoe!

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
BUT ........... in defense of dogs:

Have you seen how high up the lamppost the "No Fouling" signs are ?

Be reasonable ....... how can you expect a dog (even a great dane) to read something that is 8ft up the post ??

Steve

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Excellent point - one for the local authorities I think. I will contact them tomorrow at 10.30 am when they get in to work. Also, what about the blind dogs...??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After all the recent controversy isnt it nice to get back to a familiar subject! Nothing too stressful and everyone has an oppinion, we just need one on 4X4s now and we can all snooze for the afternoon!

I suspect the posting was aimed dog owners and as we have 4 of the big hairy bruts I will take the bait!

I think the comment by Meister, which was clearly a joke, shows the cause of the problem but its not the dogs that should read the signs. There was an item on TV the other day about pointless signs and it was suggested the no smoking signs in pubs are now not needed because smoking is banned everywhere and I think the same should apply to dog poo signs. Dog sh*t is not only offensive but a potential carrier of disease and dog owners should not have to be told to pick it up it should be automatic where ever it is. If you ask any dog owner they will always say that they pick up but the stuff still appears so the Phantom dumpers strike again.

Now for the controversial bit! If you see dog muck on the footpath or in the park WHY NOT PICK IT UP? Ok you didnt cause it but if you just walk past then the child behind may step in it etc. It only takes a second, its not difficult or unpleasant when you get used to it and I can tell you where to buy a pack 20 pedal bin liners for 10p which are perfect for the job. I have started doing this in our local park because I know no other b**ger will and it may be me that treads in it tomorrow, (it also gives you a wonderfully superior feeling and a warm glow of self satisfaction that you are better than the dirty b*st*rd that left it there). Jim.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
The worst case of this I came across was back in the summer when we pitched on a site against a hedge when I went around the back of the van to rig up the waste hog there was a horid smell that turned out to be around a dozen, what I assume to have been nappy sacks, containing dog c*&p. OK the previous occupants had collected it up but then stuffed it under the hedge. Because we have children I had no choice but to don rubber gloves and clear it up. Disgusting.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
After all the recent controversy isnt it nice to get back to a familiar subject! Nothing too stressful and everyone has an oppinion, we just need one on 4X4s now and we can all snooze for the afternoon!

I suspect the posting was aimed dog owners and as we have 4 of the big hairy bruts I will take the bait!

I think the comment by Meister, which was clearly a joke, shows the cause of the problem but its not the dogs that should read the signs. There was an item on TV the other day about pointless signs and it was suggested the no smoking signs in pubs are now not needed because smoking is banned everywhere and I think the same should apply to dog poo signs. Dog sh*t is not only offensive but a potential carrier of disease and dog owners should not have to be told to pick it up it should be automatic where ever it is. If you ask any dog owner they will always say that they pick up but the stuff still appears so the Phantom dumpers strike again.

Now for the controversial bit! If you see dog muck on the footpath or in the park WHY NOT PICK IT UP? Ok you didnt cause it but if you just walk past then the child behind may step in it etc. It only takes a second, its not difficult or unpleasant when you get used to it and I can tell you where to buy a pack 20 pedal bin liners for 10p which are perfect for the job. I have started doing this in our local park because I know no other b**ger will and it may be me that treads in it tomorrow, (it also gives you a wonderfully superior feeling and a warm glow of self satisfaction that you are better than the dirty b*st*rd that left it there). Jim.
It is the same with litter everybody moans about it but think you have a screw loose if you pick it up.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When, years ago I had a dog, I trained it where to sh*t. If it missed my point, it soon got it's cumuppance and very rarely did I have to take action. Nowadays it seems that every other person has a dog that is filled to the brim with canned dog food, and they do not care who has to take action to clean up the resulting mess. I am old enough to remember the old Bonio days when, if an accidental deposit was left, by next day, looked like a pile of chalk. Not so the tinned product of today! We all love to see them occasionally, and even give them a stroke, but if you own it, and you buy it's grub, then you have the resposibility to clean up it's mess.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

David, are you saying I have a screw loose? What could possibly give you that idea? Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with you Rod one but dont you think things are better now? I remember when we first got a dog that nobody would dream of picking the stuff up, it seemed to be accepted then and there were no bins to put it in but now the majority of dog owners do clear up and its just the few who still live in the past that cause the problem. Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we love our dogs we all way carry a poo bag in our coat pocket, but there are good/bad dog owner out there!! time we been on hoilday dog poo right out side our awning, yes that was done late at night, we all way check before we go to bed, My neighbour take in rescue dogs and in the past she take them for a walk and you guess what happen!! right out side my garage, I ask her if she was responsible for this she said no, But we caught her off guard one day and I pick up the dog mess and throw it in her back garden, she did't like that, She soon got the message, Trevor

G

I have no idea of the dog population of the UK but I guess it either is the same as, or exceeds the human population. Of course since they gave up on the dog licence nobody really knows but there are an awful lot of them out there and increasing faster than dare i say it.... immigration?? Oops!! Couldn't help it.

I know it is an insane question but what actually happens to all that c..p in the plastic bags? The nice owners dump it in a bin and forget all about it, but someone presumably from the Council comes along, collects it and...then what? Does someone have to empty all the bags?? And then what?? Well, there is a job for life and I don't think.

Would it not be easier, and certainly more healthy for the owners to take it all home with them and flush it down the loo. At least it then joins all human waste and is bacterially recycled.

What is the truth is that we all pay for doggie lover to have their fun, and personally I don't see why I should. If I flytip I get fined. The answer is a licence per dog that reflects the true cost of clearing up the mess. Similar to a car methinks but I am sure others will disagree.

Possibly 'Maggie Broon' will see the fiscal advantages sooner or later. People who have dogs usually have money, and if they don't then pooch usually comes first in the pecking order.

Just a thought.

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
I have no idea of the dog population of the UK but I guess it either is the same as, or exceeds the human population. Of course since they gave up on the dog licence nobody really knows but there are an awful lot of them out there and increasing faster than dare i say it.... immigration?? Oops!! Couldn't help it.

I know it is an insane question but what actually happens to all that c..p in the plastic bags? The nice owners dump it in a bin and forget all about it, but someone presumably from the Council comes along, collects it and...then what? Does someone have to empty all the bags?? And then what?? Well, there is a job for life and I don't think.

Would it not be easier, and certainly more healthy for the owners to take it all home with them and flush it down the loo. At least it then joins all human waste and is bacterially recycled.

What is the truth is that we all pay for doggie lover to have their fun, and personally I don't see why I should. If I flytip I get fined. The answer is a licence per dog that reflects the true cost of clearing up the mess. Similar to a car methinks but I am sure others will disagree.

Possibly 'Maggie Broon' will see the fiscal advantages sooner or later. People who have dogs usually have money, and if they don't then pooch usually comes first in the pecking order.

Just a thought.
At the end of the day, if your a dog owner, your dog will leave its waste behind, dont leave , GET IT UP? you can buy babay nappie sack ,s that are sented for pennies, get it up and dispose of it in a bin and not just chuck back down on the ground.

I,m a dog owner of many years and use these sented nappie bags, rermeber if you get caught leave behind any dog mess behind, you will get a fine , so its just as easy to pick up in a bag and dispose of it properly in a bin. john

G

At the end of the day, if your a dog owner, your dog will leave its waste behind, dont leave , GET IT UP? you can buy babay nappie sack ,s that are sented for pennies, get it up and dispose of it in a bin and not just chuck back down on the ground.

I,m a dog owner of many years and use these sented nappie bags, rermeber if you get caught leave behind any dog mess behind, you will get a fine , so its just as easy to pick up in a bag and dispose of it properly in a bin. john
I come back to my comment above.. then what??

Somebody has to clean up, so why don't the nice doggie owners take it all home with them. too simple for them probably

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
To be fair most dog owners now pick it up. I am not a dog owner and dont like dogs, but you dont seem to see much of it around now. not where we live anyway.

Just as well, I wouldn't want to step on that!!!!!!!

Edd

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
Dogs turn all that dog food into S**t and some owners do not pick it up which is disgraceful. How many cat owners care about where there vermin pets deposit the UKs wildlife which has been turned into S**t. If the use of the word vermin seems severe look it up.

Colin.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To reply to Scotch Lad I would say one step at a time! Its a nice idea to ask everyone to take their cr*p (are we allowed to say crap on here?) home but lets get everyone picking it up first. We have 3 german shepherds and a terrier (which seems to produce more of the stuff than all the big ones) and so I need to shift tons of it. I rang the council and asked them what I should do with the stuff I pick up in the garden and they told me to take it to the local park and put it in the bin. I tried this but after a couple of weeks I discovered that my bags had been taken out of the bin and thrown in the long grass (presumably by the bin man). I told the council and after a lot of thought they told me to double bag it and put it in the dustbin so thats what I do. You can buy dog loos but I dont know how well they work.

Many dog enthusiasts suport the idea of a dog licence but something on the lines of the driving licence with compulsory attendance at an approved training course and a test to confirm competance. There are so many dogs in this country and they are so easily available that it would be difficult to enforce but even promotion of a voluntary scheme would help.

Just a quick word to all you non dog lovers out there, I respect your opinion (but you dont know what you are missing)! Jim.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello Jim,

Three German Shepherds AND a Terrier - and you tell us there are too many dogs in the country!! And then you tell us at the finish that we dog non - lovers (wrong, it's just that we ain't got them,) don't know what we are missing. I think I do thankyou very much - and I'll continue to suffer!

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
Good Grief - out comes all the nonsense re dogs are bad/good and what about cats!!!!

We have three cats and two dogs

The cats actually keep down the vermin though they do occasionally take a bird. But what they mostly kill is mice and rats and I have no problem with that.

We pick up after us and get annoyed when others do not. Like the post above we had a lady with a small dog that she allowed to crap on our drive.

She denied it when asked not to allow her dog to do it.

And yet both I and my son had stood in our house and watched her as she herself watched her dog poo on my drive!

What can you do with people that lie?

Since challenged she has not been back though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rod one, I actually said so many dogs not too many but I agree there are too many unwanted dogs. In an ideal world every dog would be wanted and every owner would act in a competent and responsible way and dogs would be seen as the wonderful asset to society that they can be.

Hi Darce, I am not a cat lover (I do know what I am missing because we had one once). The problem with cats, as I see it, is that you cant control where they go or what they do. Our dogs stay in the garden when they are not out with us but the majority of cats just seem to be turned out by their owners and left to do their own thing. You say your cats catch mice and the occasional bird and you are happy with that but what about your neighbour, have you asked him if he is happy with it? I am forever chasing cats out of my garden, we keep a well stocked bird table and it atracts lots of birds, unfortunately it also attracts the cats! Jim.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
To be fair most dog owners now pick it up. I am not a dog owner and dont like dogs, but you dont seem to see much of it around now. not where we live anyway.

Just as well, I wouldn't want to step on that!!!!!!!

Edd
Mods pulled the picture off. Well well thought as much. Muss'nt see nasty things!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts