Dog passport

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
We have recently received Ellie's passport and notice that the pages which the continental vet has to sign after treatment have sections highlighted with "GB" in the margin. Does this mean you have to have you dog done before you leave this country, I can't find any mention of this anywhere? What happens if the continental vet signs in the wrong place?

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike,

I've just checked our dogs passport, and its also marked 'GB' on every page, even the front cover. My guess is that its there to identify which country issued it. We've been using ours for many years without any problems, and not having any need to attend a uk vet before travel( other than the dogs annual booster)

Hope this helps.

Robin.

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi There

On the subject I can confirm that you do not have to visit a UK vet before travel.

I have also found that any other paperwork supplied in the UK for entering different European countries eg France to Spain to Portugal is rather a waste of time and money because in all of my travels I have never found the border manned and therefor had nobody to produce the docs for. I addition the paperwork is only valid for 10 days after leaving the UK.

On the way back you must visit the vet 24 hours prior to embarkation for the checks jabs and drontal.

I always use Dover Calais as it is a short trip. Dr Petrie the friendly english speakiing vet is only a stroll from the municipal site, indeed there is an Aire de Camping Car right next to the port.

Good Luck on your travels.

Regards Ian

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Robert and Ian for your response. The only other thing I can think of is, do the vets sign the passport continuously or leave out the line marked GB? I'm concerned if I meet with a jobs worth bureaucrat.

TRENDING THREADS