Dogs barking - on tape!

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Have any of you encountered anyone using a tape of dog barking as a security measure?

I was thinking it wouldn't be used on a site ( for obvious reasons!) but perhaps when parking in less secure areas and then especially at night.

Do you think it may give rise to a problem where somebody reports a dog left unattended in a van.... RSPCA called to break in.. etc. etc. you see what I'm thinking - I'ld appreciate any opinions.

Thanks

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Yes! And their dogs but obviously you need only do this for a minute or too and then copy and paste for as long as you feel is appropriate! - so no anilmals inconvenienced you understand - could be absolutely hilarious after a few glasses!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wouldn't bother making a tape with dogs barking - you'll end up getting a visit from Environmental health.

Put this in the caravan window instead:
staffposter.jpg

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
I hadn't thought of a verbal warningor picture - that is a good idea, it also occurred to us that a very large can of dog food would be good near the front window!- but these are both difficult to see in the dark.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rather than use a tape of dogs barking, why don't you tape voices and gunshot from one of these horrible play station games. Far more scary than dogs barking.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't bother with a large tin of dog food - go for a 20KG of dried dog food placed in the front window and aim a light on the bag. Also buy a 5ft bone from the butchers and place that by the caravan door.

Lisa

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rod

Actually thats a thought isn't it?- anyone hearing a dog barking fiercely may not be too worried about it in the sense that it is distressed. A distressed dog would be whining and howling whimpering etc.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Rather than use a tape of dogs barking, why don't you tape voices and gunshot from one of these horrible play station games. Far more scary than dogs barking.

Lisa
Yes- assuming that a thief would not want to bother a van with occupants that would be just as good. Thanks Lisa, just seen this post above the nest.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
We used to have a dog barking tape. you used to be able to buy them.

We used an old tape player and connected it to a senser, so anybody that walked up to the front door would actuate it.

The speakers were placed in the loft just above the front door.

Highly effective. We used it for about 10years till the tape was chewed up [not by the dog]

After that we just used a radio.

We set this up as we were living in a remote area at the time.

Edd

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Eddie - they say there's nothing new! Infra red sensor I suppose. That could be worth sorting there is a spare electric loop near one of the roof vents I think.A 500 Watt light would be good as well!

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Eddie - they say there's nothing new! Infra red sensor I suppose. That could be worth sorting there is a spare electric loop near one of the roof vents I think.A 500 Watt light would be good as well!
Might trip the 5amp fuse though!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Dogs can be drugged or pacified but if you had a "Dangerous Snake" warning it may be better. Get a realistic looking rubber snake and put it in the caravan where it can just be seen.

When we lived in Africa we made the locals aware that we dabbled with snakes and never ever had a break in and that is the gospel truth! Bush telegraph is more effective than a telephone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts