Dometic Seitz concertina blind material

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've scoured the 'net briefly but can't seem to find a source of supply, also a few forum comments seem to suggest that the makers aren't interested in the supply of such items.

The blind in question on our caravan (Eccles Topaz 2005) is working OK, ie up and down and pleats folding away. But while the window was open once a gust of wind blew the concertina out of position and although I have it tucked back in, from the outside it looks awful. If I could get hold of some of the right material I would happily tackle replacing it.

PS
Edited to add: over the last couple of days the reflective outer surface seems to have stabilised and is looking a bit smoother. Maybe after a few days of sunshine it will look a bit better, updates to follow.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I see you have no replies as yet - so - I have just googled ‘concertina window blind material’ and several made to measure companies are shown offering blinds within cassettes for conservatory windows and the like. Would it be worth contacting any of these and asking if they can supply what you need for a good match to existing?

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a plan Audiorob. A couple of pics and some dimensions to a few suppliers may help. Then if successful, a re-cording guide from Dometic (similar to the useful one I have for the roller retensioning of the front window blinds) would be helpful lol.

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Audiorob, interesting but not quite the same modelas the ones in my 'van. but with a bit of care (always assuming I can get the right material) I recon I can replace the pleated part.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts