Done a deal at last ?

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Well for anyone whos answered my questions about various new vans ive been looking at Ive gone and done a deal.I was pretty certain I was going to buy a Bailley Senator California then at the last moment I saw an Elddis Oddesey 550 and I liked the fact you can walk around the the fixed bed thus eliminating the need for the wife to climb over me during the night to use the toilet.It also has an L shaped lounge which we have never had before and will be a change.We will pick it up over the week end and were off on our first trip on Tuesday for 2 weeks.I have never had an Elddis in the 30 years of caravanning so I would be interested to hear any comments good or bad.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gilbert are you sure that you want anyone to comment? I re-tiled the bathroom and my sister in law said, "I'll come and give you my opinion on the tiles." My reply. was, "when they are on the shelf at B&Q, I want your opinion. Now they are stuck on my bathroom wall I want you to come in and say 'How lovely!'"

Isn't it the same with your van. You've made your mind up after lots of thought: Now just enjoy it.

Happy caravanning

mel

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gilbert,

Good to read you have taken the plunge with your new caravan. We have an island bed in our Swift Challenger and you are right about the plus of being able to get out of bed without disturbing the other person.

Hope all goes well with your first trip away on Tuesday.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Elddis is I think the same company as Compass. We had a Compass which despite being ancient give good service, 16 years old and not a trace of damp. I was just reading in the Caravan Club Mag that just arrived earlier this week that build quality in Elddis has improved greatly over the last couple of years so I would not worry if people who have say 2004 year Elddis vans come back and say you should have avoided your choice. I hope you get good service. You probably will discover a few niggles over the first few outings.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello gilbert, we have had elddis in the past, and currently have a compass corona 2008, we love it, if you like it, then thats all that matters. enjoy your first trip,regards ED

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
l quite like crawling over the the better half, sometimes get a result, more often than not the answer is, you sleep on the outside l will sleep on the window side.

Only happens caravaning, never at home.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts