Door Location LHS or RHS

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

We are attempting to buy our first van, and have noticed that the door location can be on either side of the van. Does this matter?

Kind regards

John

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
John,

Doors on the Left side usually indicate an British made van where as on the doors to the right indicate a European built van. We've never experienced any problems pitching our Dethleffs "German Built" van.

Regards Monkeys husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It depends Jane, where your standing if you just use the terms left and right. If you stand at the front of the van the door is on the right, at the rear and the door is on the left. Nearside, always means next to the kerbside, so it matters not where you stand. Of coarse the role is reversed if you are driving in a country that drives on the right, or should that be the offside, hang on a minuite, if your in another country does that mean the nearside becomes the offside or visa versa, ok I failed at my first technical question, but I'll be back....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok, thanks I have it now, one small problem, if it's on the right side, that's the wrong side but if it's on the right side, it's really on the leftside, but what happens when your on the inside?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts