Dorema Madison awning changed colour

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
In May 2005 we purchased a new Dorema Madison awning which was blue in colour. Two years down the road the colour has changed from blue to green. This has also happened to friends of ours with the same type awning. We specifically wanted blue and not green.

Dealer states that it is now out of guarantee and tough luck however it seems that they have not read the Sale of Goods Act because for up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement). It seems we may have to go down this route.

Has any one else had trouble with their Dorema awning changing colour?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We have just purchased a Dorema Porch awning (funnily enough 'Green'!). Following your thread I will keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesn't turn blue! Thanks.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
we have a blue dorema full awning that is four years old and it is fine,it seems evident that it is faulty.I think you will find that after 6 months from purchase it is up to you to prove item is faulty before that it is presumed faulty unless the dealer can show otherwise.I should imagine statments from other owners that theirs has not changed colour would show that it is not normal wear and tear and you should succeed

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we have a Denim Blue Madison bought new in 2005, and we have used ita lot. It has faded slightly but is otherwise okay. Our prevoius Dorema was alos blue and gave good service with fading the only change.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Strange thing is that i was talking to some other people on the campsite who have also got a Dorema which I always assumed was green, but it was blue when they purchased it. Theirs is just under 3 years old. I have taken it up with the dealer and also written to Dorema and now await a reply from Dorema.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Strange thing is that i was talking to some other people on the campsite who have also got a Dorema which I always assumed was green, but it was blue when they purchased it. Theirs is just under 3 years old. I have taken it up with the dealer and also written to Dorema and now await a reply from Dorema.
Ian, form personal experience, Dorema's after sales service leaves a lot to be desired, so don't hold out too much hope.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts