dorset cc sites and area

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
any of you been to any of the cc sites in dorset?

what is the area of dorset like?.

watched it on coast and it looks so beautiful. what area would you recommend to stay we dont mind travelling.

jo-anne

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
We did `Haycraft` a few years ago and found it excellent, (get in the bit they call the C.L just through the gate if you can, loads of space and not regimented).

Nice area with lots to do, but we`ve just got back from Putts Corner (Sidmouth) where its easy to do West Dorset which again is great, but if you go to that side I would recommend Wood Farm which is first class (stopped by to be nosy!). Its well placed for Branscombe, Beer, Chesil Beach etc. Loads of nice pubs in pretty villages doing good food.

It probably looks even nicer when its not raining!

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I wasn`t aware of any BBQ restrictions at Haycraft, but thats not to say they may not have been introduced, but under normal weather conditions (define those if you can!) I can`t see why there should be any given its location.

Wood Farm is an affiliated site (CC + C&CC members get a dicount I believe), and on our impromptu inspection was spotlessly clean with lots of different pitching areas and a very nice pool (indoor) if you go for such things. Many pitches have nice views, and although close to a main road was surprisingly quiet and tranquil.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi angus, just had a look at wood farm looks nice but its only 10 amp and i would trip everything out im afraid.

is the haycraft site swanage?, its the weymouth site that doesnt allow bbq's

i dont know why not its all part of caravanning.

jo-anne

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Yes, Haycraft is at Swanage, adjacent to the steam railway which you can ride down to Corfe Castle and is highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts