Dovecot Caravan Park, Laurencekirk

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I wastrying to find a new site to try, fairly close to home ( Dundee ) and came across this one.

It looks fairly small, has a couple of playareas for the kids and is just up the road.

Does anyone have any experience of this site ? Any comments regarding cleanliness of the facilites would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex can't comment on Dovecot, but this one at St Cyrus is nice and tidy

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/aberdeenshire/eastbowstrips.htm
The other one not to far away is Glenesk not great facilities but reasonable for price !!! and Glenesk can be spectacular for Bird life.
East Bowstrips is currently not taking bookings due to illness of owner.

I enquired last week about prices and that was the reply i received from Mrs Tully.

William

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies Gumbo and William.

We've been to East Bowstrips a couple of times and wanted to go back back, but as William says Mr Tully is unwell.

I'm not surprised that I've had no replies reagrding Dovecot, as it's a fairly small site, a little off the beaten tourist track.

I've tried most sites within an hour of Dundee and am considering Inverbervie, as a possible alternative too. Again, not sure of toilet / shower facilities.

Alex.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Not sure about facilities at Inverbervie, the community took over the running of the site from Aberdeenshire.

Very close to the pebble beach in fact I am sure you will be able to hear the pebbles churning from the site !!!!!.

Stonehaven site is not to bad have you tried that ??

I am sorry to here about Mr Tully I thought he was getting better.

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/caravanparks/index.aspfor aberdeen have you tried Angus Council sites?? Montrose is OK

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex,

A site you might like to try is Burnside Farm at Blairdrummond, near Stirling. This site only takes about 12 vans,is spotless, has electrics, toilet and shower (toilet & shower block was due to be upgraded during the winter)

The site is no more than 200yards off A84 directly opposite Safari Park entrance. Have been a number of times and hope to be back again shortly. Only downside is the site changed hands last year and the new owner doesn't seem realise that caravanners are his customers and he needs to brush up on his customer skills.

email; info@burnsidecaravanpark.co.uk

www.burnsidecaravanpark.co.uk

Hope this may give you something to think about

William

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi William

Noticed your comment re Burnside " doesn't seem realise that caravanners are his customers and he needs to brush up on his customer skills " We would like to stay at a site near the safari park would you recommend this one ???

thanks

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Not sure about facilities at Inverbervie, the community took over the running of the site from Aberdeenshire.

Very close to the pebble beach in fact I am sure you will be able to hear the pebbles churning from the site !!!!!.

Stonehaven site is not to bad have you tried that ??

I am sorry to here about Mr Tully I thought he was getting better.

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/caravanparks/index.aspfor aberdeen have you tried Angus Council sites?? Montrose is OK
Hi Gumbo,

Yeh, that's what I thought.

I liked the location and it has a playarea.

Just not sure about the facilities, which is one of our main priorities.

Yes, been on Stonehaven and would go back, as it's nicely laid out and in a great position. Just looking to try somedifferent sites.

I appreciate you comments.

Any other suggestions up the A90 to Aberdeen ? I think Banchory may be a little too far for a weekend trip.

Cheers,

Alex.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alex,

A site you might like to try is Burnside Farm at Blairdrummond, near Stirling. This site only takes about 12 vans,is spotless, has electrics, toilet and shower (toilet & shower block was due to be upgraded during the winter)

The site is no more than 200yards off A84 directly opposite Safari Park entrance. Have been a number of times and hope to be back again shortly. Only downside is the site changed hands last year and the new owner doesn't seem realise that caravanners are his customers and he needs to brush up on his customer skills.

email; info@burnsidecaravanpark.co.uk

www.burnsidecaravanpark.co.uk

Hope this may give you something to think about

William
Hi William,

I had a look at their website and it looks good.

Definitely worth considering. Does it have a playarea ? It's not mentioned and looks a little small to provide one.

Thanks again for your help,

Alex.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi William

Noticed your comment re Burnside " doesn't seem realise that caravanners are his customers and he needs to brush up on his customer skills " We would like to stay at a site near the safari park would you recommend this one ???

thanks
Hi Gumbo,

We usually stay on The Gart in Callander, when we go the safari park

I think that you'll probably be aware of it, but thought I'd mention it to you anyway.

Highly recommended on all counts.

Cheers,

Alex.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gumbo,

Yes i would definely recommend this site. The customer skills i mentioned is his lack of communication. Maybe he is just shy, but that doesn't detract from the site. As i said it directly across the road from the safari park entrance. If the park has its own transport to take you round the park then 5 minutes would walk you to it. Hope this helps.

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts