Driving in Fog

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have just driven up from London using the M11, A1 and various other roads and it was foggy all of the way, I'm amazed how many drivers won't put their lights on. What is the matter with them??????????

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
may be its because the matrix singes dont say FOG so they carnt work it out could be the same ones who dont take there shopping trollys back to the trolly parck and think its better to park it in your door or bumper so it dont roll away thanks for the dent.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
>>>or if they do put lights on, its only stupid dim PARKING lights which are neither use nor ornament! I was taught that if you need lights to drive, then you need dipped headlights, not parking lights!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The people you are referring to might just be the very same people who put their fog lights on when its dark, but perfectly clear driving conditions. I could kill them, we have loads of morons round here.
smiley-yell.gif

Lisa

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
A friends son is a traffic officer in the south west, he stopped to advise a driver who he'd followed in thick fog to a garage and advised the man to turn his fog lights on. "what do you mean, my car lights come on automatically" was the drivers response.
Giving talks and advice to groups of drivers he's had the same response. At least half the drivers haven't known automatically where the fog lights turn on and quite a few drivers of new cars with 'auto on lights' also assumed that the fog lights are part of that deal.
He and a lady officer he works with have also found numerous drivers who have little clue about how to use the heating and demisting in their cars and have stopped drivers using fog lights when their windscreens are misted
smiley-embarassed.gif
and advised them to have an eye test and stopped one from driving any further as his sight was so poor. The man got quite angry and said "he knew the roads he used for years so he was ok to drive on them".
Another thing he and his traffic calleagues have noted with driver use of car heating and demisting systems is that lots of drivers also leave their cars heating system in the recirculating mode and that doesn't help clear the windows when the same air is being pumped around the car.
One of his fellow officers stopped a midddle aged lady driver as her tail lights were not working. When he pointed out that the bulb failure warning light was illuminated on her instrument panel. She laughed and said "oh, I thought that was just a ladybird "
smiley-cry.gif

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Being a friendly sort of a fella, I pointed out to the car in front that his brake lights didn't appear to work. His response was "mind your own **** business, it's not due for MOT for another two months!"

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
it's easy to see the funny side. but it's frightening how many people don't know the simplest things about the 2 tonne cannonball they're rattling around in.

still, as my old adjudant used to say, it's all good fun 'til someone loses a bo**ock.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:
Being a friendly sort of a fella, I pointed out to the car in front that his brake lights didn't appear to work. His response was "mind your own **** business, it's not due for MOT for another two months!"

Unbelievable.
smiley-surprised.gif

---
Bit like the woman I was driving behind last year. A clapped out car, wiring all dodgy. One minute the lights were on, then off, then flickering, etc then the indicators on and then off, scary. When I pointed out the faults, she exclaimed 'it's ok, I'm only going to pick the kids up'. Some people seem to leave their brains (if they had any to begin with) at home.
smiley-laughing.gif

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I know this may sound silly question but

How foggy was it?

and which lights were not on?

said it was a silly question!!!!!

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Another thing he and his traffic calleagues have noted with driver use of car heating and demisting systems is that lots of drivers also leave their cars heating system in the recirculating mode and that doesn't help clear the windows when the same air is being pumped around the car.

yes it does,if you have aircon and a demist setting. the aircon dries the air in your car, thats why you can get a sore throat if you leave it on tool long.
It certainly worked that way Thursday and Friday,. Thursday was spent driving around Grimsby, Scunthorpe , M180,M18 AND M1 with the recirc on, and Friday i was in York all day,,, with the recirc on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts