Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Having never used Dunkirk is there any parking space similar to Calais for an overnight shut eye.We are told that Norfolk Line is excellent and we are itching to give them a try

Many thanks.

chillshill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Norfolk Line are excellent. Great breakfast too. Never slept on the dockside, so can't help with that.I'll be watching replies, though as I'm going on the 2.00am ferry in May.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Unless it has changed in the last 3 months there is no dedcated area apart from the hgv park on the right coming out of the dock.However ther is several places that you can get your head down. First which we have used several times is take first left at the first small roundabout (the hgv park will be on the right before the rounabout)if you go along this road for about half a mile you will find a sandy area with wide open spaces beyond that . DO NOT go any further into the sandy area as sometimes it gets boggy , however we park about ten yards off the road where it is safe from traffic which is light.The other places you will find going out of the dock but still on the road out, there is gaps where hgv and others park up, you cannot always see these gaps until you are upon them , we have not been in them as we prefer to be on oue own.We think Norfolk is very good.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
There is actually a huge car park right outside the terminal building, I have seen no end of caravans and motorhomes parked there in the past.Also means you are very close to some good amenities too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts