Duvets - which tog rating?

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We are going to St Ives for 2 weeks on Sat. I think the nights are still fairly cool, but haven't been away in the van since Whitsun. Do we take 4 tog summer or 13 tog winter duvets. The last thing I need on holiday is the three under 5's waking at night!!! Any comments appreciated. Denise

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Denise - I know what you mean about the nights being quite cool for this time of year!

We have a 5 year old who would be more prone to being cold in bed and I had the same problem deliberating which duvet tog to use! During the last few weeks I have just used the 4.5 tog one and have kept him in long sleeve/long leg pyjamas.

He has slept great like this as the van did not get too cool in the night.

Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday.

Janet

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise - I know what you mean about the nights being quite cool for this time of year!

We have a 5 year old who would be more prone to being cold in bed and I had the same problem deliberating which duvet tog to use! During the last few weeks I have just used the 4.5 tog one and have kept him in long sleeve/long leg pyjamas.

He has slept great like this as the van did not get too cool in the night.

Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday.

Janet
Thanks Janet, will take the thin duvets, long PJ's and a fleece blanket - just in case. Where is the heatwave we were promised!!! Denise

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise

We were away in the van last week and had 4.5 tog duvets. One night we were warm and the next night cold. If I were you I would take 4.5 togs but with some extra fleece throws or something similar if you have them, plus long sleeved pyjamas.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hiya we got back for newquay on saturday and id say take a spare blanket some nights it was lovely others it was bitter also you need to take into consideration where the site is we were on a hill so it was windy and cold in the bay at the bottom it was scorching.

best to layer id say

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Denise,

Take the 4.5 tog duvets, & if it gets too cool/cold use the vans heater to warm things up.

Better a 4.5 tog & heater to keep warm in bed than a 13.5 tog & being too hot!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts