Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I am a non technical person looking for some help. I took delivery of my new Van on sat which has a Blaupunkt radio. cd and DVD player.At my TV plug area there is a socket for DVD. Do I need a special sort of adaptor to run from this wall socket to the Caravan tv.

Sep 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew. Normally you just need a SCART lead to connect your DVD Player to your television.The television might switch automatically to Video Mode when you start to play a DVD or you might have to switch manually (normally a button that looks like a circle with a line through it on the remote).I fthere is some special requirement for your system it should be in the handbook.... Easiest way is probably a quick phone call to the dealer

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew. Normally you just need a SCART lead to connect your DVD Player to your television.The television might switch automatically to Video Mode when you start to play a DVD or you might have to switch manually (normally a button that looks like a circle with a line through it on the remote).I fthere is some special requirement for your system it should be in the handbook.... Easiest way is probably a quick phone call to the dealer
The DVD player is built into the Blaupunkt Radio .This is then connected to a DVD plug in a different location in the van. Not geared up for a scart lead. Will have to contact Highbridge Caravans.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It sounds like the video output from the Blaupunkt goes to a socket located somewhere near where you are likely to be running your TV. Presumably the sound goes throught the radio speakers. Video output is normally connected through a SCART socket (but you say this is not the case), a 17 pin computer connection (unlikely in this case) or a simple phono socket, usually coloured yellow (but not always). If the latter is true, you simply need a phono plug on a length of screened cable with a suitable plug on the other end that will plug into your TV. With luck this will be another phono socket. If not phono it will be SCART and so you will need to buy a phono to SCART cable (easily available) and just use the yellow phono plug, ignoring the other two plugs that used to carry the sound.

Hope this helps.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I have been and had another look in daylight this mornig. The DVD section on the control panel has three connections. Audio. Video and one other which i cannot remember. Guess i have to use the coloures wires from the TV to the sockets rather than a scart. Any views?

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
It sounds like the video output from the Blaupunkt goes to a socket located somewhere near where you are likely to be running your TV. Presumably the sound goes throught the radio speakers. Video output is normally connected through a SCART socket (but you say this is not the case), a 17 pin computer connection (unlikely in this case) or a simple phono socket, usually coloured yellow (but not always). If the latter is true, you simply need a phono plug on a length of screened cable with a suitable plug on the other end that will plug into your TV. With luck this will be another phono socket. If not phono it will be SCART and so you will need to buy a phono to SCART cable (easily available) and just use the yellow phono plug, ignoring the other two plugs that used to carry the sound.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. Please read my further comment after revisiting the van thius morning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been and had another look in daylight this mornig. The DVD section on the control panel has three connections. Audio. Video and one other which i cannot remember. Guess i have to use the coloures wires from the TV to the sockets rather than a scart. Any views?
The normal configuration for this would be one video channel and two audio channels (left and right). The SCART to phono lead would be used here, SCART into the TV (assuming it has a socket) and the phono plugs into the three outlets on the wall. If your TV is not stereo just use one of the two audio connections although I am surprised that the DVD audio does not play throught the radio speakers.

Without seeing the installation it is difficult to be too precise. You could have an S-Video connection but this would be one multi-pin connector and not as you describe.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I would consult the dealer as the dealer should have showed you how to connect up everything as they are the ones selling it and making a fat commission. What make of caravan is it?

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
The normal configuration for this would be one video channel and two audio channels (left and right). The SCART to phono lead would be used here, SCART into the TV (assuming it has a socket) and the phono plugs into the three outlets on the wall. If your TV is not stereo just use one of the two audio connections although I am surprised that the DVD audio does not play throught the radio speakers.

Without seeing the installation it is difficult to be too precise. You could have an S-Video connection but this would be one multi-pin connector and not as you describe.
Thanks for your help. The TV i use has a scart socket, and also came with Red, Yellow and White cables. I presume now that these go from the TV to the three sockets coloured the same on the DVD plug section in the caravan. There is no scart facility in the van DVD wiring place.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
2006 Bessacarr 525
Hi Andrew

I think you have 3 sockets in a row next to the TV sockets.

The yellow is a composit video output and the other two are stereo audio L & R. If you have a LCD flat screen TV you may well have this type of socket on the rear, if not, you should be able to get hold of a lead to run from the phono plugs to scart or an adaptor consisting of a scart plug with 3 phono sockets on the back. The van should have a suitable phono to phone lead supplied, but if not they are available from Currys/Dixons etc.

I have just ordered a 2006 Bessacar 625 and so would be interested to hear your views on your new van. What was it like on delivery, how is the quality of finish and overall, are you pleased with it?

Happy vanning

Clarky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

The yellow is a composit video output and the other two are stereo audio L & R. If you have a LCD flat screen TV you may well have this type of socket on the rear, if not, you should be able to get hold of a lead to run from the phono plugs to scart or an adaptor consisting of a scart plug with 3 phono sockets on the back. The van should have a suitable phono to phone lead supplied, but if not they are available from Currys/Dixons etc.

I have just ordered a 2006 Bessacar 625 and so would be interested to hear your views on your new van. What was it like on delivery, how is the quality of finish and overall, are you pleased with it?

Happy vanning

Clarky.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

Happy vanning

Clarky.
Hi. sorry a bit slow replying. Very pleased with the Van, The handover process at Highbridge Caravans is good and very detailed. Have not found any marks etc inside or out. The water system because of the on board system is quite involved but i am sure i will get use to it. Having a fight with swift regarding the Weather Station. This may not bother you but the one fitted does not measure outdoot temps so in my opinion is no good. It is too involved to go into on this site but if you are a bit of a gadget man and want more info i will send you copies of letters I have sent to Swift and Highbridge. Got the DVD working fine thanks. Have not attempted the Alko wheel lock yet, relying on wheel clamp. Otherwise delighted with Van

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

Happy vanning

Clarky.
Which dealer are you getting your Bessacarr from?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Which dealer are you getting your Bessacarr from?
Andrew

Sorry but I am even slower than you. I did not notice that you had replied.

Glad that you are happy with the van and I agree that a weather station that can't sense the outside temp. is a bit of a waste of time. It would be usefull to see copies of your letters as I may be able to join in when we get our van and apply a bit more pressure.

As we are about to move to Suffolk we have ordered the van from Brian Fuller Caravans at Saxmundham, Suffolk. We don't know anything about them, we orderad at Earls Court, but hope we will get as good a service as you seem to have done.

If you would like to send on details my e-mail address is clark@yoppsgreen.freeserve.co.uk

Best wishes

Clarky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

Happy vanning

Clarky.
Hi Andrew,I know this topic was posted sometime ago, but myself and a mate have just purchased a new Bessacarr and we a both unable to get a picture from the DVD on the TV via a Scart. We have tried plugging the Scart direct into the DVD player by-passing the wall mounted socket, but still no luck. We are both getting sound via the caravan speakers but no picture whatsoever. I have noted from your comments that yours is now working fine. We have contacted the Dealer and they are getting back to us, but any help from anyone in the meantime would be very much appeciated. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts