Dyson DC33 wiring help please

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Im in a bit of a quandary and my electrical knowledge is basically nil.🤭
Firstly,I should have taken a picture of this before I dismantled the old cable.
Ordered a new cable for our vacuum,but have no idea where the 4 cables go.
I have a blue and brown coming from the new cable and a blue and brown from within the vacuum and the on/off switch at the top with 2 terminals.
I've googled and you tubed but without any success so hoping some kind electrician can help please🤔
(I've now taken a picture but for some reason,its "greyed out")😪

Im thinking a brown from the vaccum to the switch,a blue from the new cable to the switch,then the blue from vacuum and brown from new cable joined together?

Last edited:
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi
Usually with an appliance the live conductor is switched if there is only 2 terminals on the switch, so brown from new cable to the switch. the brown from inside the vacuum to other side of the switch and both blue wires into a connector /crimp. This is only for single pole switching
Did you see connector on blues before removal of the old cable? Some appliances don't have connection on the blue it just a continuous blue to motor

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for both replies.
Again.....I should have taken a photo first.....lesson learned.
One thing I do notice.....the brown cable coming from inside vacuum is long enough to reach the switch,the blue one from inside vacuum won't reach the switch.

I think you may be right Gralay.....both browns to switch and both blues crimped together.

I do have a safety circuit breaker to use before I connect up and switch on.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
All sorted😊

Thank Dustydog.I didn't see that video when I looked.

Anyway.....ive taken both brown wires to the switch and joined the 2 blues wires together.

All seems to be working fine again.
Thank you for all your replies and help.
Will remember to take photos for any future jobs I'm not sure of.
Thanks.👍👍👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Would our DC14 Animal be of use to the Science Museum. A superb piece of kit not only does it give the carpets a really good clean, but the user gets a workout too. So well designed that it can be stripped down and repaired if required using normal tools. The only special tool I’ve required was a part to help rebuild the clutch drive for the whirling brush. All parts readily available and cheap too. Thank you Sir James. 👍

802EE5E4-20AA-40C4-A78D-B2BE5B47C3EA.jpeg

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Would our DC14 Animal be of use to the Science Museum. A superb piece of kit not only does it give the carpets a really good clean, but the user gets a workout too. So well designed that it can be stripped down and repaired if required using normal tools. The only special tool I’ve required was a part to help rebuild the clutch drive for the whirling brush. All parts readily available and cheap too. Thank you Sir James. 👍

View attachment 1077
:unsure:I can still see some dirt at the bottom of the doors and wing:devilish:. - I'm not sure your using it correctly!:geek:

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
:unsure:I can still see some dirt at the bottom of the doors and wing:devilish:. - I'm not sure your using it correctly!:geek:
You could be right. I cannot believe how well it emptied the bucket but I could not find the switch that turned it into a jet washer. Must ask Mrs OC how the darned thing works. 😱

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts