e class mirrors/ new tow hitch

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to obtain the best type of towing mirror for a 2004 e class which is easy to fit and won't damage the car mirrors I would also like to fit a retractable tow bar. any advise will be much appreciated?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Adrian

What sort of wiring are you looking for ? two x 7pin = 12n & 12s ? or 13pin ? if you have a look on HERE they are listed the type of tow bar & wiring.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You say you're looking for a retractable towbar. I take it you mean retractable and not detachable, but then I think you're choice is limited to a Brink unit, similar to the one in this film

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think there is a retractable ball fitting for the E Class. Certainly a removable one - I think MB re-badge a westphalia bar. The Grand Aero towing mirrors work well - you will need to use all the arm extension if your van is one of the newer, wider type.

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Brink towbar film
Thanks guys what a wealth of great info, I don't mind aboout the 13 pin as I understand new vans are already using this and it is one less thing to bolt on to the car and can get an adapter. I do quite like the idea of a retractable bar like the Brink jobbie but I have just seen the RRP. so I may just settle for a removeable one. I have also quizzed my MB independant engineer about addtional transmission cooling and he says it is not required.

I tow a 2006 4 berth Challenger so I think the body is a few inches wider than our old van. My old tow car was a BMW E39 (5 series) and I had instant fit BMW mirrors which I can recommend

thak you once again. Adrian

TRENDING THREADS