E-GO mover

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Due to my advancing years I think the time has finally come for me to invest in a mover. I’ve read all the posts here over the years and I know most people rave about Powrtouch, especially their after sales service, price match etc.etc. However, I quite like the look of the E-GO. Does anyone have any FIRST HAND experience of this mover with regard to ground clearance, reliability and after sales service?
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Chrisbee
I had an E-GO fitted to my caravan in April last year, it was fitted at my home with a full demonstration and practice to ensure i was happy with using it.
Where i store my van is on gravel and when i used to collect it i had to get someone to go with me as i could not move the van on my own to hitch up.
It is probably one of the best items i have purchased for the van, it's very simple to use, has good ground clearance, easy to engage with a cordless drill, cross actuation, can be set from either side of the van. I only had one very small problem with the power key, the pin dropped out, i phoned and a new one arrived in the post the next morning.
It makes manouvering the van so easy and hitching up is a doddle. Even my wife agrees that we would now never be without a mover again.
Best money i ever spent.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Chrisbee,
I have also had a very good experience so far with my Ego mover. It was fitted to my Swift Challenger 480 18 months ago and has just been transfered to my new Coachman 460/2. It has a minimal effect on ground clearance. You need a power drill with reasonable torque to operate the engagement bar, but this can be done from either side. You can increase the pressure between the rollers and the tyres for use in muddy/sllippery conditions.
I use it mainly for manouvering around my drive at home where the caravan is stored. However, we caravan all the year around and it has been a boon to get the van on and off wet grass/muddy sites in conditions where there was no way the car was going to tow the van in/out - particularly on some CLs in the winter.
Very happy to recommend it.
Cheers
Paul

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
No, positive recommendations from us, too! We fitted our own in 2009 and have had no problems. It was easy to fit, seems well-engineered (one of the things which 'sold' it to my OH, an engineer), and does what it's supposed to do! It's easy to operate - and I've taken over the remote (please, no shock-horrors from the men on here) which allows me to put the caravan exactly where I want, whilst OH goes off and does all the other bits - electrics, water, unloading the car, etc!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts