e-Magazine

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Many of you do not subscribe to PC magazine due to there being too may adverts and not enough articles or reviews. If the PC magazine were to be made available as an e-magazine would you then subscribe if the price were for instance £1.50 a magazine and you could subscribe on a monthly, quarterly or annula basis? After all it should be relatively easy for Haymarket to do this as everything is done on a PC prior to printing anyway.,
Actually the above could apply to any caravan magazine as more and more people start buying Kindles and iPads. probably be one of the must have Xmas pressies this year. I know that we would seriously consider subbing to an "e" version of the PC magazine. Any publication that does not move with the times is doomed to the scrapheap.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't be interested because I'd rather see what the content is before buying. Also I like to see pics of, for example, campsites. Even some of the ads can be helpful regarding sites.
Not having used an e-book reader I'm not sure if you can see photo's but if you can I wouldn't think they'd be the same quality as a mag. E-book readers have their place and I'd love one for reading novels but the price for them at the momment plus the price of downloads don't compare to buying paperbacks. The paperback stall I buy my books off in Cornwall sell new ones at £2.50 per book with £1 back after you've read it. Secondhand books, which are as good as new, are £2 with 50p back. Needless to say I've got enough novels to read that will last me in this life and probably the next
smiley-smile.gif

May 8, 2010
Visit site
e-magazines and newspapers are becoming increasingly popular and with the new generation of devices are of a very high picture quality, don't be put off buying an e-reader your Lordship, think of the weight saving, many books are free and you can get (a bit slow maybe) free 3G with no subsciption to pay, which is genius.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Joann said:
e-magazines and newspapers are becoming increasingly popular and with the new generation of devices are of a very high picture quality, don't be put off buying an e-reader your Lordship, think of the weight saving, many books are free and you can get (a bit slow maybe) free 3G with no subsciption to pay, which is genius.

I've weighed all that up Joann. The cheapest Kindle is £89 and the downloads of the books I've bought are double the price and no cheaper than the paperback. Free books are ok but these are old ones that have gone out of copyright.
The weight saving is a good point and the main reason I would have liked one, especially reading in bed, but the cost far outweighs the benefits for me at the moment.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
An increasing number of magazine websites are able to generate enough income from web adverts to offer a free service to internet readers that the concept of subscriptions belongs to the dinosaur era.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts