Ease of using full caravan cover

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So how long does Paintseal last for on a touring caravan and how much is it just in case we cannot put our breathable cover on our caravan .

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Am I right in saying that Tourershine only apply this to brand new vans?

Maybe there is an alternative product I could use.

Our Unicorn is 5 years old.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Am I right in saying that Tourershine only apply this to brand new vans?

Maybe there is an alternative product I could use.

Our Unicorn is 5 years old.

I have Paintseal. Ceramic from new and like Buckman, can recommend it.

I have no idea whether there are companies that will apply it to older vans. Or what the guarantee might then be. However. You can buy the product, or similar products, if you are prepared to do the work yourself.

I am told the work is in the prep, once the van is spotless, I think the application is fairly easy.

But all hearsay, I don’t have first hand experience.

Except. I complained about the coating applied to my car, and that was 3 years old. That was Paintseal. Volvo dealer applied it under license. It was reapplied. But they left the dash cam operating. They seemed to apply it very easily.

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have heard it better putting Paintseal on when they are new caravans so what can be used for older caravans

When I have searched in the past there are a number of products. A quick search found this one. When searching its hard to get past Paintseal, they seam to have cornered the market somewhat.

Diamondbrite
Diamondbrite video.

Please don't take my word for them. I can't recommend one way or the other. But might we worth looking into.

John

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When I have searched in the past there are a number of products. A quick search found this one. When searching ts hard to get past Paintseal, they seam to have cornered the market somewhat.

Diamondbrite
Diamondbrite video.

Please don't take my word for them. I can't recommend one way or the other. But might we worth looking into.

John
Hi John might try some when we take the cover off Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
i also will have a look at Tourershine it just another option

According to their web site they do new, or nearly new vans. They explain that this is because their supplier T&C’s Re guarrentee.

But still may be worth asking, that may do it without a guarantee. And as they have such a good reputation it may be with considering.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jcloughie we might see out the breathable cover it only it second time it has been used and buy some diamondbrite and try it out on our present van But we might wait until we have upgraded to a newer caravan . to try out tourershine .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought, We used to tour all year round and after every trip out I would just was and rinse down the caravan, with a decent car/caravan shampoo. The van always looked good. I known leaving a van sitting around you get black lines , but a quick wash on our always gets rid of them . Elbow power always works.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I would love to be able to keep the van at home but its a tight squeeze and would restrict my neighbours view when getting her car out the drive.
The best neighbours anyone could wish for so wouldn't want to upset them🙂

We do have a very good washing facility at the storage compound so its going to be a bit of elbow grease every couple of months.🤢

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We prefered to leave ours in a caravan storage and we can wash it down before we go away but like you we don"t use our van in the winter period i like my home comforts

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts