Easter weekend crowds?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It seems that Easter weekend crowds are non existent? Went to a pub in the town at about 1pm for lunch. This is a small family run pub which is quite old and looking its age. A couple people sitting outside and no one inside. A few more people wandered in and out in the two hours we were there. We have used the pub often in the past as good meals and everything reasonably priced.
However yesterday we were a bit chocked at the prices and the increase was at least 25% for the same meal plus cost of drinks had sky rocketed. Meal was very disappointing and they had no salad, no lemonade, no soda water and no juices i.e. blackcurrant juice. OH only got half her meal and for a small dessert bowl of chips we were charged £4! We did noticed that there did not seem to be many or any locals in the pub?
We had the "meal" and one drink and left and went to another pub. No issues with drinks and they were a lot cheaper than the other pub. What we found strange was that this is a very popular pub and on an Easter weekend unless you book you stand no chance of getting seating. Inside there were very few people and outside where we sat no issue finding a table.
Not sure if it was just the area where we were staying or is generally quiet for the Easter in comparison to previous Easters?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It seems that Easter weekend crowds are non existent? Went to a pub in the town at about 1pm for lunch. This is a small family run pub which is quite old and looking its age. A couple people sitting outside and no one inside. A few more people wandered in and out in the two hours we were there. We have used the pub often in the past as good meals and everything reasonably priced.
However yesterday we were a bit chocked at the prices and the increase was at least 25% for the same meal plus cost of drinks had sky rocketed. Meal was very disappointing and they had no salad, no lemonade, no soda water and no juices i.e. blackcurrant juice. OH only got half her meal and for a small dessert bowl of chips we were charged £4! We did noticed that there did not seem to be many or any locals in the pub?
We had the "meal" and one drink and left and went to another pub. No issues with drinks and they were a lot cheaper than the other pub. What we found strange was that this is a very popular pub and on an Easter weekend unless you book you stand no chance of getting seating. Inside there were very few people and outside where we sat no issue finding a table.
Not sure if it was just the area where we were staying or is generally quiet for the Easter in comparison to previous Easters?
Life can be just so stressful at time can’t it. But last week in the Forest of Dean car parks at Brokenhurst and Mallards Pike we’re packed full with people just out and enjoying themselves. I avoided those car parks as I know nearby free ones in the forest. The campsite was about two thirds full and when I left the new arrivals were backed up. But the local pub food was a bit more expensive that last year and a slightly more restricted menu. But one nice surprise was a glass of Malbec was only £5.30, whereas local to us they can be around £8.50-8.90. But they were that price before Covid.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Life can be just so stressful at time can’t it. But last week in the Forest of Dean car parks at Brokenhurst and Mallards Pike we’re packed full with people just out and enjoying themselves. I avoided those car parks as I know nearby free ones in the forest. The campsite was about two thirds full and when I left the new arrivals were backed up. But the local pub food was a bit more expensive that last year and a slightly more restricted menu. But one nice surprise was a glass of Malbec was only £5.30, whereas local to us they can be around £8.50-8.90. But they were that price before Covid.

At present we are across the way from Forest of Dean. Opposite Newnham on the other side of the river. Normally very popular around here with lots of walkers and cyclists.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Wednesday, motorbike ride out to a local pub that serves a pie and a pint, 11 of us, at the door at 12.00, then a group of 7 walkers turned up for a hearty lunch, as we left at about 13.30, lots of folk sitting outside.

Fridays run to another pub for lunch with the wifes, 8 of us Barnsley lamb chops, beer and wine a good price, and pub started to fill up by 13.30.
1st pub , has a cl behind it, Rose and Crown, in Ridgemont, MK43 0TY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts