Eating - west of scotland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The west coat of Scotland and the Hebredies is the most beautiful British Isles , but as far as eating goes Scotland is [well poor ].I have been visiting Scotland as a tourist and on business,for over 40 years and i have never had a good meal apart from as a guest in a private home. This is the country that deep fat fries mars bars and meat pies .

It is hard to be positive but i will try. Sea food is your best bet .The oyster just before Connel bridge on the Oban Fort William road is not bad.Most of the Indian restaurants are passable .

Now before all the Jocks take umbridge which im sure they will ,my mother was from Mull so im not biased .

I hope you have a great time up there we do every year .

Col

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Coljac,

I do believe things have changed in Scotland as far as eating out is concerned. There are a good number of excellent restaurants serving good, home produced food. Just three examples would be Eat on the Green at Udny Green, Aberdeenshire, The Glass House in Grantown on Spey, Moray and Sangsters in Elie, Fife. None of these are cheap but the quality is definitely there.

I am less able to comment on west coast establishments but one good one is Grants of Craigellachie at Ratagan near the CC site at Morvich in Wester Ross.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts