Edinburgh Tattoo walk from site

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
We are going to the Edinburgh Tattoo and are booked into the main CC site in Edinburgh. Has anyone got any idea the best way to getting from site to the town. I obviously have the car but my mother (76) is capable of walking a fair distance and my 13 year old has legs although he seems to have forgot what they are for!

Many thanks

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Debbi, this is our 5th year at the tattoo three of them with the caravan.

We have stayed at Mortonhall to the south and Drumohr to the east.

Both sites have a regular bus service into Edinburgh with late nite services for a return journey.

I think in the CC site book it also mentions regular bus times.

One advantage of the buses is that you can get an all day pass and go into the city during the day then back at night all for a couple of quid.

We now drive and park in St.James shopping center multi storey, it works out cheaper for five of us.

Hope this helps

Regards

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Debbi,

Stopped at the CC site in Edinburgh 2 years ago,fabulous site and the bus stop is right outside the gate. Never used the car at all to go in the city center,however not sure how late the buses run at night.

If you get the chance go to the zoo and also the Royal Yacht Brittani which is moored not far from the center.

Regards

Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is a fair walk from the site. drive into the Thistle centre car park. easier. We do that as we always stay at Slatebarns. Buses run very late. However after the show you q forever to get one!!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Depends what time of day, but I wouldn't want to walk home if it was too late.

When you are there don't miss going down to South Queensferry between the two Forth Bridges. Superb spot.

The Museum of Childhood, which is free to visit, on the Royal Mile is excellent too.

G

For travelling aroud Edinburgh have a look at

www.lothianbuses.co.uk

This gives details of all the services and what tickets are avilable. A Day Pass costs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts