EHU and Solar Panel

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
When I'm on EHU is the solar panel shut down completely, only there are no lights at all on the regulator when I'm on the ehu, and when I leave the site and turn the system shutdown off, there still is no lights on the regulator.

The green charger light stays on the rcd unit with the system shutdown off.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
When I'm on EHU is the solar panel shut down completely, only there are no lights at all on the regulator when I turn the system shutdown off.
Can you tell us what type of regulator you have?
If its a decent solar panel controller it should stop supplying the battery when it's fully charged. On EHU the battery will be kept fully charged from the caravans charger so the solar panel won't be doing much. Can you turn the caravan charger off for an hour and see if the solar controller cuts in?

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
Can you tell us what type of regulator you have?
If its a decent solar panel controller it should stop supplying the battery when it's fully charged. On EHU the battery will be kept fully charged from the caravans charger so the solar panel won't be doing much. Can you turn the caravan charger off for an hour and see if the solar controller cuts in?
Hi Beardy, see the above pictures I've added it's a Sargent 15575-R, I'm away from the van but I'll try on my next visit thanks

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Crossing messages :).

Did a quick Google search, someone has quoted a section of the manual here, it stays that if the battery is fully charged or the charger is turned on the regulator will turn off. Hopefully you don't have a problem. 🤞

Reactions: Richtee180
Jul 10, 2024
Visit site
Sounds like your solar panel setup is acting a bit funky. When you're hooked up to EHU, the solar panel might not be doing its thing because the system prioritizes the EHU power. No lights on the regulator could mean it's not getting any juice from the panels, or there might be an issue with the connections or the regulator itself. Best bet is to check all the connections and maybe give the regulator a once-over to see if it's still in good shape.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts