Elddis Avante 868 - Cold at the back! :(

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does it perform the same on electric and gas? We found on our warm air blown system that on gas we got much better performance at the back of the van.
The majority of caravan mains electric heating systems have a maximum rate of 2kW, where as gas heaters with rooftop chimneys tend to have 3kW or more heating capacity, so they are likely to perform better on gas.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
The majority of caravan mains electric heating systems have a maximum rate of 2kW, where as gas heaters with rooftop chimneys tend to have 3kW or more heating capacity, so they are likely to perform better on gas.
Some heaters will allow you to run both at same time for even more heat.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Why not use a small portable electric heater in bedroom.
This is an option but one I'd like to avoid if I can. It's just more weight and another thing to pack plus takes part of my ampage allowance on-site. I'm not yet ready to admit defeat either so I'm going to try the insulation of the ducting approach and play about with it a bit when I go away next week.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Does it perform the same on electric and gas? We found on our warm air blown system that on gas we got much better performance at the back of the van.
I can't say for sure as it's still quite a new van to us but my suspicion will be that running it on gas will certainly provide enough heat at the back but then be too hot at the front. The issue isn't that I can't heat the back bedroom up enough, I can already do that just on electric. The issue is that the balance between front and back is so different that to have the back nice and warm, the front of the van is uncomfortably hot.

TRENDING THREADS