Elddis Xplore 302 Window Stay

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi All
I'm new to this forum ND have recently purchased the caravan. I have noticed that the window stay on the large front window is broken. I think I need what they call an auto but I see they come in 200 and 300 mm, when not extended it's closer to 200mm but 350mm extended, there are also slide on and screw on, can anyone tell me what it is I need please ? I'm rather confused 😕 Many thanks in advance.
Teri

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have only recently purchased the caravan, the problem cold be covered by the sellers warranty. Have you contacted your dealer?

However as you do not tell us the make or model and age of your caravan we don't have enough information to offer any parts advice.. Please tell us more, and perhaps some one can offer some advice.

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi thanks for replying, the make and model is in the title, Elddis Xplore 302. I believe it's 2010 and it was a private sale so no warranty. Thanks

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think it is likely with the single front window the stays are like ratchets so as you open the window it clicks and will rest part open perhaps in 3 stages and to close it you must raise it fully open and then (bearing the weight) lower it to close again.
Are you able to test it without the weight of the window as I suspect it is quite a straightforward mechanism and might just need lubricating?
An Elddis dealer should be able to tell you what you need from the model and year of manufacture.

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
Thanks you are correct in thinking it is that style of sty but it's definitely broken, the plastic has snapped and the stay is just flopping about. What I need to know is which size stay I need for this model ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Cannot you measure the ones on your caravan, and then contact a parts supplier. Click clack stay are normally measured closed. You don’t say what part is broken but component parts can be obtained fir some elements.

You will see on Leisure Shop Direct some window stays are 292 days late for inwards delivery, no wonder some caravan deliveries are so delayed. Good luck in sourcing.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All
I'm new to this forum ND have recently purchased the caravan. I have noticed that the window stay on the large front window is broken. I think I need what they call an auto but I see they come in 200 and 300 mm, when not extended it's closer to 200mm but 350mm extended, there are also slide on and screw on, can anyone tell me what it is I need please ? I'm rather confused 😕 Many thanks in advance.
Teri
Hi Teri have a look on ebay you might find something what you are looking for .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had a 302. It was the ratchet mechanism you described. Sadly I cannot give you measurements as we no longer have it. If memory serves, it opened a very long way. They stopped making them in 2013. Try a caravan breaker like SFM
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
From having had caravans with a large single piece window I would be wary of opening them as we found they could often twist and bend which is possibly the problem with the stay. If you cannot locate the correct part, possibly you could substitute two new ones of a slightly different size. That might give you a window opening to a slightly different point, but would at least make a matching pair.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
From having had caravans with a large single piece window I would be wary of opening them as we found they could often twist and bend which is possibly the problem with the stay. If you cannot locate the correct part, possibly you could substitute two new ones of a slightly different size. That might give you a window opening to a slightly different point, but would at least make a matching pair.
When I had a problem with a single large window the click-clack stay had to be the correct closed length otherwise it would not have fitted the two fixing points. But as you say we rarely opened it, and if we did it would only have been onto the first latching point.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I can see the dilemma in measuring as just been to check the length of mine on my single window Elddis. Overall including the latch bit (at the bottom) it is about 30cm, but the first link in #6 above takes you to one where excluding the latch it is measured as 23cm when closed. Returning to the caravan this is what would match my van - i.e. the fully closed alu part would be 23cm (although as fitted it is not completely closed when the window is closed - so measures about 23.5cm, but clearly would be 23 ). Hope this helps you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts