Electric bed -Adria sg590

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys

New to motorhoming, just purchased a new Adria sg590 last month . Been to france already and the electric bed now does not return all the way up to the ceiling. Stops about 5 inches from the top. Still goes up n down but the motors stop as stated. I've taken the curtains away that hide the arm movement and can't see anything untoward. Dealer is going to get back to me( he's in UK I'm in Jersey!) looks like I need to reset the position of the bed either by undoing some of the allan key/bolts on the mechanism and try to raise it, or an electric reset ?????? A local motorhome delaer( not approved by caravan club with their scheme) says the ecu may need to be reset by disconnecting the leisure batteries . Ill wait for the UK delaer to get back to me before I do anything, just wondered if anyone has any ideas.
Regards
Paul

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You may get someone here who's familiar with your model, but I'll "broaden the net" by putting a link to your post an a FB group I'm in, which should reach another few thousand motorhomers.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It's a group called MOTORHOME AND CAMPERVANS UK, known internally as the Blue Hand Gang. Lots of activity, BUT being a FB group everything is "ephemeral," and hard to find later, whereas on a forum like this eveything remains available.

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought a new 2015 motorhome with an electric bed. I am now on first name terms with emails with the Italian designer who started the whole sorry business and the production manager at Rapido. I have 35 years experience in electronics research and development and spent about a month on and off rectifying fault after fault after fault. It went back to the dealer 6 times when I couldn't find the fault, some of them the dealer found and some they didn't. You need at the very least the manufacturer's installation workshop manual to learn how to reprogram it. Why do they need a computer to make a bed go up and down? A simple up/down switch is not good enough, we have to have a computer in the works. Suffice to say that it did not work for any 5 day period during the 6 months we owned the wretched thing. When the bed collapsed in one corner and I couldn't repair it that was the last straw. I just part exchanged it for a different model with fixed beds. I will happily put up with a longer base vehicle with beds that don't go wrong, rather than an electric bed. I hear that Bailey have discontinued them for 2017. Your problem centres around the fact that there is a microswitch at the top of the guide rail in one corner, and it seems to be being operated before the bed gets to the top of its travel. Maybe you have a pillow there, or maybe something operated the microswitch when it was being programmed. The computer needs to know when the bed is at the top and it gets this information from this microswitch. It takes this as its base position and everything else is related to this. I think if you search hard enough on the Project2000 web site you will be able to download the workshop manual which contains about 4 pages of how to program the computer. Good luck. My advice is to get rid of the motorhome and get one with proper beds, or one where you have to make up the beds every day. At least you will have a bed to sleep in at night, unlike our experience. By the way the dealer we part exchanged ours at, did not resell it, they traded it on. Wise people.

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Well, an update regarding the electric bed on my Adria sg590, it having a problem with the bed not retracting far enough up to leave full headroom beneath the bed for walking /sitting under. The motorhome had already had the actuators changed by the dealer under warranty last year but that didn't fix the problem . I have spent numerous hours in the van trying to work out what it could be, even speaking to the Italian actuator manufacturers ( now an expert on these !)Now it seems that Adria have realised that there is a problem and notified dealers before Christmas....."The problem is caused by the rollers not being fitted squarely so they do not sit in the runners properly – this causes the runners to deform slightly which causes excessive resistance when the bed tries to rise."
So, fingers crossed this is the fix that I need. The dealer says that they have already done 2 and reports are positive. Yippee. In case anyone else has an electric Adria bed( mine is 2015) with the metal X frame on the outside of the bed and is experiencing bed raising problems this could be the answer. Obviously you will need to check with your dealer, but my bed was stopping some 3 inches on one side short of where is stopped when we first took possession or it and that was only after a month or so. Well subject to the fix it looks like it's all going to be alright in the end . I really like my little 590 , but the bed thing just took the shine off owning my first motorhome . Anyway looking forward to a great 2017 with full headroom beneath the bed . :)

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not quiet on your subject
But the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth . had the outside lift installed by an Italian company. The tower opened in 2005 (was meant to be the Millennium) The lift is still not working!! 2017

italian engineering, as bad as French electrics!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts