Electric toilet flush won't?!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

We're back from a very pleasant few weeks touring Dumfries and Galloway. Everything went extremely well apart from the fact that the electric flush on the Thetford toilet stopped operating a couple of days ago. Rather inconvenient (sorry). I checked the fuse in the toilet area but it was okay. Is it likely to be the pump that has failed or are there other things I should try. All sensible suggestions very welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tim

You don't say the age or make of caravan but the first thing that you need to check is the fuses. If you have the RCD type it is likely that one of these has tripped and also has anything else in the van stopped working. It would almost certainly seem that it is an electrical problem. If there are no tripped fuses then it is likely to be a pump failue. You will only be able to determine this by ensuring that you have current to the pump, if so then that may well be the problem

Hope this helps

Tom

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Tim,

Assuming that you can confirm electrical supply to the unit, then try removing the pump and just see if you can turn the motor by hand.

It's not unusual for the pump impeller to stick after an idle period.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Following advice I logged on to the excellent Thetford website. Using there troubleshooting tips I removed toilet roll "well" and released "sticking" pump. I was aurprised at the thin film of algae inside the tank - now I can see where those "black bits" come from.

Thanks again to all who replied.

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts