Electrolux fridge with auto ignition. operation question

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi all
I have an Electrolux 3 way fridge with the modern 12v auto ignition system.
My question is, once lit can I turn the amber 12vswitch off? I've left it on with a very small amount of gas in a bottle, once the gas runs out it'll start clicking & use the leisure battery :(
Cheers Gareth

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Difficult to be definite without the fridge model number.
However, fridges should always be wired so that they only work on 12v from the starter battery when the engine is running and never from the leisure battery.
The reason is that fridges pull so much power that they will flatten a battery in a few hours unless it is being recharged at the same time.
Graham

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If the fridge is an origional fitting ( and has not been fiddled with) then it should have two sources of 12V. one from the habitation battery to run the ignition system and the AES system the second source ( for cooling while in transit) would be via a relay from the alternator. Therefore if the fridge is about to run out of gas enabling the 12V orange light would not cause the fridge to run on the habitation, or the vehicle battery either. Personally I would put in an auto change over valve for the gas ..........................:)

Should it happen that it does start using either battery in your scenario then it needs looking at by a competent auto electrician.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks
Guys I've sorted it , I didn't realize it has a flame inspection window like an old manual one, if you turn the orange 'ignition' switch off the flame stays lit. Sorry for the confusion about what batter the 12v runs off, it only runs off the main 'engine' battery when the engine is running, just as it should.
I'd like an auto change over valve, but I'd also like 100 other things for it! I was running an almost empty bottle out overnight & didn't want the auto ignition going for ages if it ran out. (Its done two BBQs since & is still going strong :0!! )

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
The picture of your van looks like the AS/Talbot based Talisman, Executive or similar of that era. Its probable you dont have a manual.
Can I suggest you have a look at :-
http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com
where there are many members with these vans who will be happy to give any help they can.
It is possible that in the factsheet section there is a manual covering your model of fridge.

oops! see you have already posted on there

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts