Electrolux fridge

This is a Model rm4270, 5 years old. Although the green light comes on when you switch on the mains it has stopped cooling, However, it works fine on gas. Might it be the thermostat? Is that a DIY job? Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
wondering if you fixed the fridge. I have a problem just like it, can you help please
Hi Ozzie, Sounds like your 230volt element has gone, I've replaced a couple of that age just recently, maybe a faulty batch, Judy looks like you've got the same problem, your fridge only works on 12 volt (car) when your hooked up to the car with your 12s plug connected and the engine running.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ozzie, Sounds like your 230volt element has gone, I've replaced a couple of that age just recently, maybe a faulty batch, Judy looks like you've got the same problem, your fridge only works on 12 volt (car) when your hooked up to the car with your 12s plug connected and the engine running.
had a new element put in, could it be the thermostat.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Judy,

We to have a electrolux fridge which failed on electrics, took to dealer who replaced the Element , on site it failed again, being the end of october decided to wait until we had the van serviced in March this year,(50 miles round trip) dealer checked said the fridge was working correctly to the required cold temps,we took the van away for 5 days this april guess what on the 4th day the fridge started to warm up again.When we returned home parked the van in the drive connected to the 240 mains supply , placed a thermometer inside the fridge not freezer , set the control to 7 .

for the first 3 days the temp showed +4oC 5th day +10oC 6 the day +13oC, Managed to locate a mobile caravan fitter who is coming to check the fridge, will advise what the results of his testing will reveal, We to think it may be the thermostat.

Roy

TRENDING THREADS