Electrolux fridges

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi how can I tell when the pilot light is lit when using gas on my fridge? We have an Electrolux 3 way fridge (RM 212 f). Also is it absolutely necessary to have the caravan level when using the fridge on the mains supply?

Thanks phil.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Baldylocks, there is a viewing window inside the fridge on the lh side about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. Sometime it is hqard rto see the flame as the viewing window mists up.

I have never found the fridge to be any problem on either gas or mains as far as levelling is concerned.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks ray,

i found the window and can see a good spark but it fails to light. its the first time ive used gas for the fridge. any more help would be great. thanks phil

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
baldylocks, I suspect that as you have not used it on gas that there is air in the supply system. I do not know your van but suspect there is a gas manifold for the hob,oven and fridge under the sink somewhere. Check that the manifold switch for the fridge is on and ensure that you can get the hobs to light to prove you are getting gas to the manifold .I assume you have turned the gas knob to the gas position and not O. Hold the knob in whilst you press the igniter repeatedly. Eventually you should get the occasional pop and if all is well eventually a nice blue flame. Continue holding the knob in so the flame failure device can heat up ( 30 secs or so)and that is it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray. You're a star! The fridge is working great and now we can go away for our first non hook up rally (at Crealy Exeter) safe in the knowledge that my beer will stay cold.

Thanks baldy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts