Email scam alert

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My online banking service occasionally sends messages to it's customers via it's website and a message appeared this morning which read:
' ****** Bank have been made aware of a scam email currently being sent to some
customers claiming to be from Royal Mail. The email states that Royal
Mail is holding an item for the customer. The subject header is Mail ¿
Lost or Missing Package and reads, Royal Mail have detained your package
for some reason for example, lack of a proper invoice, bill of sale, or
other documentation, a possible trademark violation or if the package
requires formal entry. The RM International Mail Branch holding it will
notify you of the reason for detention this is done in writing and how
you can get it released. The email then asks the recipient to open an
attachment and complete a document. It is believed that the attachment
contains a zip file with a malicious virus. We would strongly recommend
you do not open this type of email or respond, simply delete the email
and run your virus protection regularly on your computer.'

Be careful and don't open email attachments in connection wit parcels that you are not expecting, this was a genuine warning from my bank which I saw when I checked by account this morning.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Must be the season for it. Within the past week I have had two phishing emails, one telling me there was a problem with my paypal account and to "protect" me it had temporarily been suspended but all I had to do to get it fixed was to click on the link, follow the instructions and all would be well. Considering I don't even have a paypal account that would be some achievement. Forwarded the email to the genuine paypal who confirmed it was a scam. Second was similar but referred to my NatWest account, again I don't have one, but click on the attachment and they would sort it out for me, yeah right!
Some of these emails do look quite real, it's easy to spot the likes of the ones I received when I didn't have an account with the named companies. If you check carefully you usually find some spelling or grammar mistakes. I've noticed sometimes the senders address although at first glance looks legit if you look closely is spelt slightly different from the official one, perhaps just one letter missing or sequence reversed.
Treat all such emails with extreme caution, don't click on links or open attachments. If you want to vist the company website do it separately and not through any link on the email.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........similarly their is a scamming email doing the rounds pro-porting to come from Amazon.
It states that there is a problem with your order and gives an order number.
It then asks you to click on an attachment to get the problem resolved.
Don't do this......if you have an order pending check it by logging in to your account with Amazon and delete the email.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Be aware that just by searching on the Internet you can inadvertently download malware that can cause problems & steal information from your PC......
You can learn about some of the different types of internet frauds & how to stay safe on line by clicking here
But If you just place your curser over the senders name in your e-mail account, the senders email will show & you do not have to open the e-mail to see this .....
I think the clue from the one below could be in this email address
smiley-wink.gif

pcvspam_zps46a94eb4.jpg

TRENDING THREADS