England -v- France Rugby Match

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Everyone is very quiet on this 'topic'! Why? Are all the supporters still heading for home?

I was enthralled by it and was on the edge of my seat for most of the match.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Me to, we were at a caravan club site in brecon, all the welsh were very quiet, but i think we let them know that England had won. Hopefully they will do the same next weekend.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann,

Thought it was a great win, but not a great game !! Hope The Arges beat the Bok tonight. Simply because we still owe them. Still to give the Bok a drubbing would still be good.

The team that started the World Cup for England have matured into one of the best teams in the world, hence they are in the Final. Whatever happened to the Irish, Scots, and Welsh.!!!!

Our Grand daughter had her English Rose Rugby T shirt on !!!!

Frank Swing Low Sweet Chariot

May 12, 2006
Visit site
36 - 0 x 2???????

Don't think so, neither do the bookies which is a good sign!! Mind you at least one country from the Home Nations reached the final. It will be so good to hear all you Scots and Welsh cheering on the English, in the Final that none of you got near.

In fact nowere near

Frank

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Wrong shaped ball for me! With Scotland beating France twice at the football, , we've been distracted from that other game called rugby.

Shame it'll all end in tears.......

Gavin.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
36 - 0 x 2???????

Don't think so, neither do the bookies which is a good sign!! Mind you at least one country from the Home Nations reached the final. It will be so good to hear all you Scots and Welsh cheering on the English, in the Final that none of you got near.

In fact nowere near

Frank
Dont hold your breath Frank.!!!

Edd

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Wrong shaped ball for me! With Scotland beating France twice at the football, , we've been distracted from that other game called rugby.

Gavin.
It always ends in tears for Scotland.

Edd

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site

Gavin.
Just as well we're much better losers than you lot then..:)

Aug 31, 2007
Visit site
i am welsh 100% but i will be cheering england on saturday because as frank stated the other three home sides were not good enough to go through. on saying that i think england will have to up their game if they have any hope of beating the boks

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
i am welsh 100% but i will be cheering england on saturday because as frank stated the other three home sides were not good enough to go through. on saying that i think england will have to up their game if they have any hope of beating the boks
I think your right unfortunately.

edd

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site

Gavin.
Practice makes for perfection......[sorry could'nt resist it]

Edd

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Any way to be fare Scotland and Wales are smaller countries so have less talent to pick from, so I think they both do quite well................[dont believe I just said that, sorry Frank]

Edd

G

They did indeed do well to reach the Final. It was amusing to read the Aussie Press to see the recriminations they are getting 'down under'. Who will win the Final?? Well, who knows. I just hope it is not down to kicking accuracy again. At least one thing they can rely on is that if they do win, The Broon will be adopting them as mascots, possibly something they won't wish for.

As also mentioned the Scots did play a football game on Saturday, not that the BBC noticed as they insisted on showing the England/Estonia game north of the border. No wonder the SNP are doing well. However, to be top of a Group that includes not only the world champions, but the runners up as well, does mean something to a small nation like ours.

G

According to the papers it was only on Sky sports, if you can afford it.

Mind you watching England play football is a bit like painting the skirting boards. It is something you keep putting off...hee hee. Now if they put their WAGs on the pitch it might get more interesting

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Come on England.

Where are all the car flags, if it was the football team nearly all the cars on the road would have them attached to the windows. Come on everyone get behind the rugby team.

Whats the differance between football players and rugby players?

Will

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Rugby players appear to be 'gentlemen'! When do you hear of fighting following a match? Mind you all the aggression is taken out during the match on each of the players. It might just be me, but are rugby players fitter than footballers?

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
England played against some class opposition beating Australia and France they were and still are on the up and are still capable of winning the World cup again and I believe we will,as an englishman I was jumping on and off my sofa supporting scotland and wales,but I do not care if they do not do the same for England,sad really.Win or lose against South Africa it will be a fantastic game,I just hope the sofa can stand it.

GO ON ENGLAND WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts