Englethwaite Hall, Cumbria

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Another lovely C.C. site for those who use their own facilities. Excellent dog walks around the site and one walk that takes you around some fishing pools which I believe belong to the Forestry Commision. They are stocked and you can buy a licence from the wardens who are very friendly. It's a wooded site with lots of Rhododendrons. Full of bird life. They also do storage onsite and it looked as if there were a few seasonal pitches. Lots use it for stopping off going north or south because it's only a few miles off the M6 but it is worth a longer stay.

Lastly, some weeks ago, someone in the forum said they would be at Englethwaite Hall at the same time and would like to meet up but for the life of me I couldn't remember who it was. So whoever it was I apologise profusely.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LB, dont foreget to take yopur Tick remover for the dog, last year ours got attacked by these little Bu----s and was most distressing for him nice site though. Ther is a Dog/Animal santuary just up the lane from the site where they sell such items, and if your there at the weekends you may catch site of the odd Steam engine on the Settle to Carlile line. Bazz.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
LB, dont foreget to take yopur Tick remover for the dog, last year ours got attacked by these little Bu----s and was most distressing for him nice site though. Ther is a Dog/Animal santuary just up the lane from the site where they sell such items, and if your there at the weekends you may catch site of the odd Steam engine on the Settle to Carlile line. Bazz.
Thanks for your comments Bazz but we've just been there, arrived home last Sunday.

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
A lovely site well worth a visit . We went there in June last year. Nice walks around the site and in the wood along side the site. Also the reception have maps that guide you to at least 5 walks on it. Free of charge of course.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
A lovely site well worth a visit . We went there in June last year. Nice walks around the site and in the wood along side the site. Also the reception have maps that guide you to at least 5 walks on it. Free of charge of course.
Must agree with the comments re this site. Stopped overnight on Sunday unfortunatley could only stay for the one night. I agree with Lord B it is well worth a longer stay and have done so a few times.

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts