equipment and accessories

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
can anyone pls help with tips on setting up a recently bought camping and caravan satelite system. set up is easy but not so easy to find a satelite. all we can get is - "no signal"

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark, I have the same problem but our house has quite a lot of trees around it so Im going to have to bite the bullet and do it onsite in front of everyone lol

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mark .

If you have the Maplin set up then it is easy.

Fist tip tho make sure you put the wing nut in that secures the dish.(lesson learnt )point dish south ,compass on the back of dish is good guide line

Right now you have done that set the arm to near enough vertical.

Set TV to AV channel switch on Sat receiver and press info button (SAt hand set )followed by button 1 you should have a humming noise from your TV gently move you dish one way or the other until you get the tuning bars on screen into the higher figuresw of say 70 the top and in the 60 on the bottom scale and listen the hum from tv change from a humming to high pitched whistle , the clearer the and louder the whistle the better your picture , now secure it all .

Good luck and have fun chaneels come down in no particular order.

Mark if you have any youngsters around while you are searching some adult sites will be seen

If you have any problems always glad to help

Must go now Lady Roger awaits

Sir Roger

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mark also on the hand set on the left hand sat hand set of course you willsee a button marked P+ and P- go thro these until you find Astra 28 and the you should be ok

Sir Roger

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
hi Mags and Alan, so glad somebody else has problems. starting to think it was me ! also surrounded by trees at home. so like you will wait till on site. perhaps be lucky and set up next to somebody.

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
thanks sir roge. your instructions are certainly clearer than those supplied with system. tis Maplin kit that we have and a handy little set once its working I am sure. Away in 2 weeks so will let you know how it goes.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark, you're right, sir Rogers instructions are a lot clearer than those that came with the Maplin kit..........I've printed them off and put them in the box with the kit.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mags Mark and

Alan, I forgot to add that when you have got your picture sorted you will have to do a complete system search,as you will be flicking thro and you only find about 60 channels and it will go back to channel 1.

If you need any further help as I have just 10 mins ago set another one up number 6 in 3 weeks. I authorise the mods to give you my Email Address.

I do hop thios will help as Lady Roger and I dont like to se fellow campers struggle

Toodle Pip for now

Sir Roger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts