Eriba troll 2018

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
I have bought a new Eriba Troll this summer and have had water leaking through the canvas. I have had Eribas for 30 years but never this problem. Hymer are working on it on a warranty basis
I was wondering if any one else has experienced a similar problem

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi John,
I've never owned an Eriba, but wondered as the caravan is new if the canvas needs to be weathered. All awnings when new need to be weathered and as they are manufactured from similar materials, not too sure if this could be the cause of the leaks.
Hopefully your dealer will find the cause and as your covered by the warranty it will be sorted quickly.
Regards,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps like awnings and tents they need to see some rain which then lets the stitching expand and close the holes. But I'm sure the dealer would have mentioned this as part of handover.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Well thank goodness awning and tent manufacturers don't do boat stuff! A lot of sailing boats have a thing called a "spray hood" which basically provides some shelter from wind and spray or rain. They are made from Acrylic canvas, and I've never seen one that isn't old or torn let in water! If the stitching expands, it's natural fibre - which is wrong... The correct thing is for them to be sewn with waxed thread...

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guzzilazz,
As for awnings and tents letting in water, I've never known an Isabella awning, or Cabanon Tent to let in water.
You get what you pay for, but as we do not know the cause of the OP's leakage we therefore cannot assume there is a fault with the actual canopy. There could be other issues involved.
Regards,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If it leaks it is defective and provided you bought it within the last thirty days you could ask for your money back. If not you are entitled to a repair which in my opinion is replacing the canvas area. There is no reason why you should wait for them to investigate, it is faulty and your legal right is at least a repair.

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
My supplier has been in touch with Hymer and ,hopefully, will deal with it in the New Year. Apparently the canvas has a double thickness and this has caused problems!!
Report back in NewYear

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts