Europe cover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning all. We're off to France in August, and the caravan club have just quoted me &216.00 for red pennant cover, cos my car is over ten years old.Anyone know of a better deal? we are mayday members, and CCC. also, can anyone explainwhy Norfolk line charge &20.00 extra for a dog, which must stay in the car anyway?

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
As an independent insurance broker and keen caravanner, I can arrange European Motoring Assistance with or without Personal Travel. You can also cover the caravan. If you want to contact me at briandav@btconnect.com with your details, I would be happy to provide details.

Indication of costs, 17 days 23days 31 days

car

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian

Have just read your letter can you please tell me if the policy that you quote for is the same as Red Pennet for example they get your car mended or supply a vehicle similar to yours? We did have a breakdown last year in France and although it took a couple of days ( the CC did book us onto a nearby site) we did get a new car for us to continue on our journey. Would love to know if your policy is the same. Thanks Mick

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know about Red Pennant, but my policy provides the following:

1. Emergency roadside repair or a tow to the nearest repairer.

2. Location and despatch of parts (I have to pay for parts).

3. Car hire up to

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
One of the things to watch is a possible limitation on length of the caravan a company will recover - in the AA's case:

* Maximum vehicle weight: 3.5 tonnes (3500kgs) gross vehicle laden weight

* Maximum vehicle length: 7m (23ft)including any towing equipment attached to your vehicle

* Maximum vehicle width: 2.3m (7ft 6in)

* Maximum vehicle height: 3m (9ft 10in)

Another consideration is Red Pennant and some others that are more tailored for caravans allow you to continue your holiday whereby a lot are recovery only (ie-the hire car won't have a tow bar) .. both OK when in trouble but you pays your money and takes your choice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts