Exeter Racecourse.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We are currently on Exeter Racecourse and on the site at present we have Irish Travellers with commercial vehicles and the warden has gone to ground, nowhere to be seen.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thingy , screw everything down including the caravan, people who have dogs should keep them iin view or they will be going walkies,

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Moving on tomorrow thankfully. A large number of people have rung the club complaining and the result was predictable...........uninterested.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Several years ago we had a siimilar problem on a site on the east coast, we came back to the van and a travellor person was inspecting my water butt , i asked him remove himself asap from my pitch or i would not be responslble for playing football with his head , trouble with travellor people they all fancy themselves untill you give them the same back,

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The important thing is have they done anything wrong??
You very rarely get any trouble from the Irish Traveller, the problem ones are home grown !!

The ramblings of keyboard warriors is to be condemned as because at this time they have been doing nothing wrong.
It is really funny how macho folk can be when sat at home and come out with comments that if actually in the situation would not say "boo to a goose"

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
Moving on tomorrow thankfully. A large number of people have rung the club complaining and the result was predictable...........uninterested.

Whitch club is that Thingy?

Sorry to hear you are having an uncomfortable time.

Damian, your assertion that Irish travellers do not cause problems simply does not hold water.

Misc le meas :huh: :dry:

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Damian, it was about ten years ago at Richmond caravan leisure site in Skegness, I don't know about you but I don't like having my kit stolen and I don' have anything to prove , I'm a big lad and even sleep with light out, my warrier days are long gone ,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
No caravan site, club or commercial organisation is legally allowed to discriminate on grounds or race, religion, gender or ethnicity so there's nothing to stop members of the travelling community, Irish or otherwise, from renting caravan pitches.
If the warden went round with a flashing neon sign to show his whereabouts what would people complain about if the group of people that you mentioned have done nothing wrong?
Club officials may be uninterested because if they discriminate against any ethnic group they will be prosecuted.
That's the legal position, but in reality if there's something that you don't like about any site, simply vote with your tow hitch and go somewhere else.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
In all honesty they have done nothing wrong and apparently are members.
The commercial vehicle rule is apparently at the wardens discretion and us therefore pointless.
The members around us do feel very uncomfortable and there is a certain amount of hysteria. On this site i am told thete was a real problem with a traveller issue which led to the new security barrier.
On a downside the pitch areas around their caravans resemble the sites you see around the illegal traveller camps.
There are little huddles of members discussing this and i feel the warden should at least be a visible presence. Hes been missing since lunchtime some 11 hours ago.

As for us, we are gone tomorrow.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have just read again some of the comments and i would like to add a couple of points.
The idea that they cause little or no trouble simply doesnt hold water. Watch the news, read the papers.
All travellers arent crooks, i wont fall into generalization but they cause problems as groups wherever they go. And again these people have done no wrong beyond making a mess.
But those members here that are making light of it can you honestly say that returning from a day trip you find your caravan surrounded by members of the travelling community that you would not be concerned. Of course you would.

The main issue is that there are some very elderly and infirm caravanners and MH owners here and they are genuinely frightened. The warden has closed the office and hasnt been seen so there is no reassuring presence for them. To add to this members are arriving to find no organization of any sort.

There has been a presence from the racecourse management taking pictures earlier but thats all.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If I'm honest, I'd have been gone as soon as I saw them because I share the same concerns as everybody else, and it may be that the site warden feels even more intimidated than anyone else, but in todays climate of compulsory 'celebration' of diversity by government decree the warden is between a rock and a hard place.
One false move, however slight, could easily cost the warden his job and also his future prospects of employment.
Diversity has now assumed the exalted position once occupied by Christianity and the slightest sign of disagreement with the new orthodoxy is akin to blasphemy, so it's best to say nowt and move on. ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Quick update as we have just stopped for a brew. As we left this morning and passed the late arrivals the whole tribe had arrived.

Would have been interesting to see if they got on the site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts