External ariel

Feb 9, 2023
Visit site
I recently bought a Bailey pegasus grande rimini 2020 and would like to know how to connect an external ariel. My abbey had a point in the leisure battery box but I can't find one on my Bailey, any idea if there is one?

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
What sort of aerial?
Radio
TV
Phone
Radio Ham
Internet extender

If asking a question you really do need to supply as much information as possible so others can help you. At present it's a bit like asking where is the rear window heater switch for a car, without saying what make and model the car is!

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I recently bought a Bailey pegasus grande rimini 2020 and would like to know how to connect an external ariel. My abbey had a point in the leisure battery box but I can't find one on my Bailey, any idea if there is one?

I fit one each time we change the caravan. I run a coax cable from the battery box up to the aerial booster box. When on a site with a booster I just connect the end of the new cable to the input side of the booster and connect my aerial extension cable to the new connector in the battery box.

In fact your post has reminded me I haven’t done this yet on the new caravan!

Feb 9, 2023
Visit site
What sort of aerial?
Radio
TV
Phone
Radio Ham
Internet extender

If asking a question you really do need to supply as much information as possible so others can help you. At present it's a bit like asking where is the rear window heater switch for a car, without saying what make and model the car is!
TVAriel

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The TV aerial outside connector will be in the mains outlet socket plate under a flip-up cover on the outside of the caravan. It is a screw-on connector known as an F-type that have been used for years on Sky boxes and the like. The other end of it will be (or at least should be) a loose cable adjacent to the aerial amp, suitably labelled.
If you want to use it for feeding an outside aerial into the van, or for feeding a signal in from the power pillar, disconnect the white cable from the aerial amp input and connect the flying lead to the amp in its place. You will probably need to turn the aerial amp gain down to minimum so as not to overload the amp.
If you want to use it for satellite, disconnect the cable from the aerial amp OUTLET that feeds the socket in the van where you want to put your Sky or Freesat box and connect it to the flying lead from outside. DO NOT feed the satellite signal through the aerial amp - it will NOT work.

If you need connectors, back-to-back adapters/connectors, and aerial cable, get them from Screwfix in packs of 10. You will pay as much for 10 connectors from them as you will pay for two connectors from a DIY or caravan shop. It is also a good idea to get a 25m reel of xx100 cable from the same place where xx is such as WF (e.g WF100), but do NOT buy CT as it has an aluminium foil screen that will oxidise in a damp atmosphere. A quick look at the Sfx web site shows the two available at present are GT100 and NX100.

There is stacks of info available on line to explain how to fit the connectors. If you don't have a piller-van cable (sites recommend 25m, I would suggest cutting and terminating it at 10m so that you have a 10m and a 15m so that you can use the shortest possible, or connect them together in series to get 25m. TV cable is horribly lossy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts